Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 26 November 2015
My daughter (8) and son(6) just finished the first activity and had so much fun. They picked the mummy. It took two evening's to complete. The instructions were great and were easy to follow. We discussed head size compared to body size, etc. and made it a bigger task. The mummy came out brilliant. Looking forward to our next activity.
on 25 September 2013
My daughter has just started year 5 and her class is studying ancient Egyptian. She is really happy with this book, and although we only received it last week, she has already made half the projects in there. It is certainly keeping her occupied and only requires little supervision from adult so we are both really happy. The explanations and projects are really simple to execute and you don't need a massive amount of art & craft bits and pieces to complete. Yet the finished products are quite impressive for what they are and are certainly a great addition to "boring" homework.
on 13 June 2017
Lots of things to make and do to help with my son's school project. His whole class made one of the ideas and we have made a few more at home. It's not too complicated and you don't need to buy loads of things to make the models - we had everything. The stickers in the middle are great too.
on 21 April 2016
As my grand-daughter (aged 8) was doing a project at school on Egyptology I saw this book and thought it would be ideal. I sent it directly to her and report from my daughter was that she (grand-daughter) was over the moon and took it into school where her teacher had a look at it saying it would help immensely with her project.
on 5 May 2015
Superb! Perfect for some craft work with a 5 year old. An excellent variety of easy things to make and do. Some are easy with kitchen cupboard essentials, and others will need extra craft materials - but all have simple clear instructions and lots of illustrations.
on 30 July 2015
My grandson loved this book as did his teacher. He especially enjoyed making the Tutankhamun style headdress.
on 14 May 2016
My six year old grand daughter really loves this book and has made some of the projects so far, and is looking forward to getting more done. She loves anything to do with ancient Egypt and this book has really inspired her.
on 15 May 2016
Great book with lots of easy activities for children. My 9 y/o loves it.
on 18 June 2015
Bought for my 9 year olds termly project of Egyptians this book has been really helpful and we have tried out some of the ideas with huge sucess
on 21 May 2014
Plenty of things to make and do. All simple and achievable with resources that you generally have to hand in class.
Just the thing for an emergency topic lesson! Differentiation by outcome (Y6 following these instructions independently produced work similar to the illustrations in the book. Y1s completing the same activity achieved success. It was just a bit less beautiful!)