Customer reviews

Spooky Things to Make and Do
Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 February 2014
I have only had this book for a week and already my 3 and a half year old son has made 'ghosts', a spider, the big slimy eyeball beastie and has tried some monster stencils. Obviously I have had to help him at his age but the results have delighted him. The book is A4 size so the pictures are quite big. You don't get separate stencils but you really don't need them. I drew the monsters etc. freehand but you could trace the pictures. You also get two pages of stickers which glow in the dark if you put them under bright light first to activate them. The stickers include lots of eyes, teeth and mouths to be used on the projects (best use PVA glue if sticking them on fabric as I found out on the 'ghosts') but there are other stickers which stand alone such as skeletons, vampires, monsters, bats and spiders. This book was meant for Halloween but we are using it in February and loving it!
3 people found this helpful
on 30 October 2009
Came in better condition than expected and very quickly! It was for activities for a class of 30, there are plenty in here as with all Usborne activity books. It is the first time I have bought a used item and can't understand why I haven't before, really pleased with my purchase!
3 people found this helpful
on 9 November 2016
Daughter loves this
on 23 October 2011
A good book for ideas but you have to spend a bit of time working out what materials you need and getting things ready. Once ready it was good fun to do the activities and the stickers went down well to finish everything off. A list of equipment at the start of the activities would help and also some templates to work with. You could get the ideas online and save a lot of money as other than the stickers the book only really gives you ideas for what to do.
Won't buy another one.
2 people found this helpful
on 22 July 2014
the kids love it could have been longer but for the price keeps them happy
One person found this helpful
on 1 September 2010
This is a great book. I used it with my 5 yr old daughter who enjoys arts and craft. she had great fun picking the activities though there is a need for adult input with smaller children. We have quite a few in this series and all of them have interesting projects to do.
2 people found this helpful
on 25 November 2013
Great Book. My daughter had lots of fun with it. An excellent Book for Halloween. She did many drawings and was carrying it everywhere.
One person found this helpful