on 30 May 2011
My daughter actually asked for an encyclopedia for her birthday - and, never one to miss an opportunity for education, I rushed to amazon to find one. This is great - up-to-date, with bite-size snippets for your child to enjoy. Mine actually reads it like a book, while I just smile! My daughter's 7, and I wouldn't recommend this for a much younger child. Great - usual Usborne quality! I don't think you'll regret it.
on 13 July 2011
I bought this for my inquisitive 3.5 year old and I've been very impressed. It explains things in a simple way which he can understand and covers many topics that interest kids. Some of the topics are too old for him, but there are plenty which interest him for just now and leaves many other topics to be explored as he grows. My son loves to use the internet references and with the odd experiment on some pages, this makes a very worthwhile enclyclopedia.

Very much recommended!
on 31 August 2011
Although he is only six and cannot as yet read the book on his own he has got hours of enjoyment looking and asking.
on 28 October 2011
I got this for my 6 year old who loves reading. He dived into it straight away and is completely fascinated by it. The recommended websites are really good too. Highly recommended!
on 16 April 2014
Bought this as a Christmas present for my 9 and 6 year olds and they love it. Great pictures, great descriptions and covers some really good things. My older child has brought it into school a number of times for use during projects. Much nicer than searching the internet for information, they enjoy flicking through a book
on 31 March 2014
Bought this for my grandson, and I was very pleased with it. Full of information and well illustrated and written. Wanted my grandson to enjoy handling a book rather than using an i-pad all the time. He loved it and it was a pleasure reading it with him and seeing him turn the pages. Well worth buying.
on 7 January 2013
My 6 year old girl loves this and keeps reading it time and time again, she loves all the facts, its very informative, perfect for her questions she asks regularly. Well written and very easy for a young child to use. This is our second copy we had an earlier edition before which we have donated to the school! This edition has very up to date facts and figures. I would recommend this for anyone with a young child with an inquiring mind. Great for showing children you can find out facts somewhere other than the internet!
on 13 December 2013
Bought this as a gift for very worldy curious 5 year old niece - I have no doubt she'll love it for years to come. Topics are thoughtfully explored from a child's perspective and, as with all Usborne children's books I've come across, the illustrations are captivating and imaginative.
on 30 December 2012
Super book with simple, well laid out information and great pictures. However, the title page claims to be Internet linked. On looking through the book this merely means that on each page the Usborne Quicklinks Internet page address is printed. You then have to search their page, rather than individual reference pages quoted for each subject. (Which is the reason I bought it)
on 18 February 2013
the encyclopedia is good for children with varied interesting content, a simple improvement that would make a big difference is too have fewer but larger photos and images to gain better interest/attention for a child personally the number of small images and photos turned me off explaining and discussing some of the subjects with my son, a good but not great book.
i would recomend it and suggest nothing betters it at present.