on 2 January 2017
Love this one. Usborne certainly opens up children's minds. Highly recommended book series.
on 12 August 2016
Fast delivery. Happy with purchase.
on 8 December 2015
Lovely book. Great for introducing children to science.
on 11 October 2012
- Fast delivery, well packaged and arrived in perfect condition

- Purchased this for my 8 year old son, unfortunately it was far too basic for him and he read through it in one day. This is nothing like an encyclopedia and I can't see how it can be called this with only 60 odd pages. The internet linked aspect does increase its depth though.

- Would recommend for younger age groups, possibly 4-7 years old range depending on the childs development.
on 21 January 2013
This is a great book, but don't waste your money buying the mini versions, they seem (from the sample pages) to be identical content to the main book, so you will end up paying many times more buying the smaller books.

Buy this one instead: The Usborne Internet-linked Children's Encyclopedia

It seems no longer available new - but this version also has 320 pages, so I guess it is the same but newer: Children's Encyclopedia (Usborne Internet-linked Reference)

My 5 year old gets a lot of value from the linked book as part of his learning.
on 9 June 2011
I bought this book for my daughter's 5th birthday and we have gone through it all in less than a week. There is not enough in there to hold her attention, and everything is referenced to the internet. I can look things up on the internet without buying this book. I was very disappointed.
on 13 December 2013
Bought it for grandson who is 7 for Christmas. He enjoys reading and love investigating so he will hopefully love this book. It is also very robust and at the same time attractive to look at.
on 21 January 2014
great book for first intro to science easy to read and to under stand for my eight year old granddaughter would recommend it and the delivery service was excellent
on 13 November 2012
OK, as a self-confessed science geek I really like this book. My son got it at a school prize giving and really enjoyed reading through and telling me what he had discovered. As he is only 6 I love the fact that this book has opened up the world of science to him.

He now has the Usborne First Encyclopaedia of History and enjoys that almost as much.
on 4 April 2015
Very interesting read for children. My daughter is 7 and loves this book. Really explains everything in a child friendly manner. Highly recommended