Format: Hardcover|Change

on 8 February 2014
Nice, easy and complete book. My daughter is 3 years old and she is interested in knowing what we have inside our body and under the skin and this book is really awesome. There are many chapters about our organs but also about food, right habits, growing. We like it a lot. Also the graphics are really nice with nice and clear drawings and pictures. Fine for curious kids!….and curious parents too :-)
on 4 January 2014
I bought this book for my six year old Grandson who has a natural curiosity for all and any subject, but is totally delighted with this book and tells him all he needs to know about the human body in a way that he can understand and allows him to have a true knowledge and not the playground whispers which are invariably wrong and misleading.
on 2 May 2016
This book - is - fantastic. As a student for advanced clinical nutrition and various other health studies (as an adult!) I NEEDED something SIMPLISTIC. THIS IS IT! It's VERY well done, GORGEOUS images/photos - examples. VERY clear and simple explanations. It's exactly what I needed to support my studies. When you have 'adult' courses (text books) I feel they tend to be over done with too much information (beyond what I need in order to even just grasp certain ideas or concepts) - with this book, it helps to substantiate my endeavours. FOR KIDS - I can see this being a fantastic introduction to the human body. VERY clear explanations (even I can get them!! LOL) But overall - if I could give this ten stars I would!! Highly recommended for youths and adults!! Great book!!
on 18 February 2012
Fantastic book, very informative with internet links on every page which are child friendly and very useful. My 6 year old daughter loves this book and it has a good level of technical detail.
on 7 February 2016
This has become an absolute hit in our home. So far every child who visited and saw the book loved it too- and you can learn quite a bit as an adult too! The pictures are very detailed and the text has just the right length for a child in Year 1. Would recommend it from 6 onwards. We also have the Children's encyclopedia from Usborne and although the pics look similar the body is covered in much more detail here. For us it is still worthwhile buying this series as well as they go more into depth than the encyclopedia.
on 22 January 2014
This book is perfect for an inquisitive little one. I read and re-read a different section every night to my 4.5 yr old. There are plenty of illustrations on each page as well as close up images from under a microscope. There are also several little easy experiments your child can do to help understand how taste buds work or why we need joints for example. My son has remembered quite a lot about the body, I think this is because the book is broken down into clear sections for each subject. There are approx 2 pages for each subject i.e. muscles/ bones etc...
The other day my son explained to my husband that his nose is made of cartilage!
on 1 March 2014
My 6yr old daughter is like a sponge and wants to learn about everything. I got them for our holiday and she had her nose stuck in them the whole time. She can read them herself and is constantly saying "mummy did you know....." Very good books and would thoroughly recommend
on 20 December 2011
A good book. Clear pictures, very informative for a 6yr old without being too intrusive. would recommend it for inquisitive children.
on 4 March 2016
I think there are better books out there for this. It was basic information, and not particularly engaging. The cover said Internet linked and then each page had a link to a webpage, this made me wonder the point of the book if you just have to visit webpages. Ive opted for a lift the flap book instead.
on 22 November 2012
My 4 1/2 year old son adores this book we read one topic each night and he's fascinated learning about himself and whats inside. He got it as a birthday present when he was 4 and he is still not tired of it. I have bought it for other children on their birthdays too.