Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 May 2013
I am a Usborne fan, and this is one of the best I've ever bought. It has the usual excellent Usborne printing quality, very helpful activities to familiarise pre-schoolers with school procedures (getting dressed for school, packing your bag, etc...). The stickers can be easily removed for corrective placing. I loved it (my little one too) and would definitely suggest it.
on 4 September 2011
Bought this last week for very nervous schoolboy to be and he has really enjoyed it - has helped us to discuss school while he is having fun with the stickers. Older siblings also loved helping with the stickers and this meant they were also around to chat about their (positive) experiences of school, which also helped. Lovely cheerful illustrations. Would be a great present for any child about to start school - going to buy a couple more for friends.
on 15 July 2017
This is a lovely book which both my children, starting preschool and school in September really enjoyed. Only downside was they enjoyed it so much they sat at the table all afternoon doing it until it was all finished!! Can still keep them after though as nice little story and can point things out to children from the different scenes. Maybe a little simple but definately outweighed by the fun and how it caught their attention.
on 3 October 2013
I'd recommend this book to anyone with a child starting school, because it shows the child what they will be expected to do at school. The stickers reinforce what they will do and help them feel familiar with school routines well in advance of experiencing them.
on 2 January 2017
Highly recommended gifts for children. Usborne is guaranteed quality.
on 18 October 2016
Great to prepare little ones for school
on 13 June 2017
My daughter of 5 absolutely loves this book. We've had it for 6 months now and she still can't get enough of it. It's regular bedtime reading
on 30 December 2013
The children really enjoyed the stickers, but I found the story was disappointing. Depends what your looking for in a starting school book I guess.
on 9 September 2012
As with all usborne products, this is a nice book with good illustrations. I bought this for my 4 year old a couple of months before starting school. She really enjoyed the process of finding the stickers and putting them in the right place but that kind of took over and she didn't take much notice of the content of the book. I also bought Topsy and Tim Start School and Starting School by Allan Ahlberg and I think she has got more benefit from them, she asks for them time and again but since we finished the stickers, we haven't looked at this one again.
on 23 September 2016