Customer reviews

on 15 November 2003
I'm so pleased to discover that this book is still in print. It was a firm favourite of my son's a few years back, and now I'm planning to buy it for my nephew. We spent countless hours scanning the wonderful pictures looking for every last beetle and frog, endless evenings trying to impose bedtime at the end of just one more search! It's the ideal present for anyone interested in animals and their habitats, and because the pictures are accompanied by plenty of useful information it's educational as well as entertaining. And what a bargain! There is plenty here to keep even the most demanding child occupied for ages!
on 18 February 2004
Far more fun than Where's Wally - my kids love finding the animals and can do so for hours! Target age 4 - 8.
on 10 December 2000
my six year old son hasn,t put this book down since i bought it for him,this book helps children to identify the animals,lovely bright pictures for children.
on 3 October 2002
This would have to be one of the best kid's books around. My 5 year-old just loves hunting for all the hidden critters and counting them off. Sometimes all you see is a tail, or an ear, or a familiar silhouette far off on the horizon.
There is no better way to get children developing a sense of the different environments around the globe and the animals that live in all the diverse habitats: from the arctic to the equatorial rainforests and from the mountains to the deserts; under the water and by the seaside.
We have only one criticism with this book. It was my budding, junior-zoologist that spotted it. Mr Ibex in not in the comprehensive index although there are ten ibices (?) to be seen on page 26. With 300 different kinds of animals in this book, we have to give it a score of 299 out of 300, that is, almost perfect.
on 14 June 2010
Ever since I bought this book last month, it has become a daily companion for my 4 year old daughter. She takes it to her kindergarten everyday, takes it for long car rides, and also take a look at it before bedtime. Why? Because she simply loves looking at the pictures, searching for the animals and learning about them.

As all the reviewers had mentioned, I too find the pictures very nicely drawn with bright beautiful colours. Children can learn about hundreds of animals, including dinosaurs, and their habitats. Hundreds of animals to search for, an activity that would occupy them for hours.
on 13 January 2015
Bought this for my five year old, and he loves it!
on 8 July 2014
My grandson loves it , thank you