Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 7 January 2013
Bought this for my 7 year old but re-directed it to my 13 year old as it was more advanced than I realised. She loves it and has drawn many things from it with some success.
Usborne books are very informative, have good detailed descriptions and big bright pictures, this was a fantastic buy! Great information on drawing techniques for a budding artist.
on 1 April 2017
wonderful book. very easy to follow
on 19 March 2017
Great for my 12 year old budding artist son for some technical tips and inspiration.
on 21 August 2017
Granddaughter loved it
on 26 July 2017
A timeless classic brought to life on our screens via DVD
on 25 February 2013
I had two smaller versions of this when I was about 10 or 11 and they really were the books that I learnt to draw from. Since I now teach Art and Design and Design Technology at secondary school level, this was a perfect Christmas gift for my 11 year old cousin who loves art and has just entered Year 7.
There are plenty of creative and fun ideas that are suitable for this age group and beyond. The step by step processes are easy to work from and the graphics are well laid out with simple to follow instructions.
I would recommend this to any budding artist or designer.
on 18 May 2010
Arrived in good time, well packaged. Book has tons of images and ideas, ideal if your looking for inspiration, aimed at children probably, but more interesting than a lot of adult art books
on 9 January 2014
I was able to buy it from Amazon more cheaply, than from a shop, and I was able to have it sent to the South of Spain, with absolutely no problem at all.
My friend's daughter is bilingual, but she only just 10. I thought the text in this book was perfect for her age group, not too simple, not too challenging, but challenging enough to help her English improve. She wanted to learn how to draw faces, and this book teaches that, and many other useful things as well, too many to list here. Many Art teaching books for children are either very simple, (so simple in fact that I would feel guilty giving such rubbish to a child), or so complex, (that I would get confused trying to learn from them myself), I felt this book had been thought about before it was published.
on 8 June 2012
Bought this book for my 8 year old niece. She loves it. Lovely quality and the level of detail in the drawings is great. I thought the mix of sample drawings is equally good for girls or boys.