on 5 June 2010
My daughter and granddaughter have done several recipes from this book, and everything has been really successful. I myself made one of the cakes when I was staying there, and I'm so impressed that I'm going to buy the book for myself, even though I'm over 60 and well beyond being a 'child'! I can't say if it's a great book for young children, as the recipes are not particularly easy. I would say the recipes are like any you would find in an adult baking book, but there are tips and illustrations which make it more child-friendly. I haven't yet looked at the book in detail, but I didn't see any reference to machines which would make the preparation process easier and quicker, but maybe that is because it is better for children to do things by hand rather than play with electric machines. The cakes certainly need to be made with adult supervision and assistance, in my opinion.
on 2 January 2012
Bought this for my 8yr old who is obsessed with the "Junior Bake Off" she loved this book. As the pages are wipe clean, set out so its easy to follow and has some lovely recipes inside.
on 19 August 2011
Lovely book, my daughter and son, 4 and 2 respectively loved it...it is lovely, colourful and they get to see how the cakes should look (hehe!)
on 27 September 2009
Book (Usbornes Children's book of baking) received very quickly and efficiently, well packaged.
The book is lovely. Big wipe-clean pages with clear picures and text. Excellent recipies, though some of them seem a bit ambitious for children - they obviously need adult supervision.
on 26 April 2010
Lovely book, my 4 year old daughter loves looking at it and choosing what to make. Very sturdy and the ring binding is a great idea.
on 9 July 2013
Great book my niece was delighted with it and has done a few recipes already,easy to follow and very child friendly,would recommend to other parents for budding little chefs.
on 29 November 2013
Both the service and the book are excellent. In fact the book was better than expected because it is in looseleaf presentation which makes it very serviceable.
on 13 March 2013
This was bought as a present and was very well recieved. The recipes are simple and fun and yet the cakes are yummie.
on 9 February 2014
These cakes are fabulous to make. They are fun,fast and easy ! I love this book and rate it5 out of 5
on 20 July 2015
Excellent Gave this to my eight year old nephew who is keen on baking Manages to keep him focused but allows him to feel he is actually baking with minimal supervision Children's Book of Baking