Customer reviews

DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Delhi, Agra & Jaipur
Format: Flexibound|Change

on 30 April 2014
I searched for the ideal book before going on my trip. I had the DK one for China and it was great.....so decided to go for this. It's fairly weighty but packed with info and maps and not too heavy to carry around in your bag. The one of the whole of India is great.....but far too heavy for use on the move. All my friends preferred this to the ones they had. Lots of pics and bite size info so you could dip in and out of it. We had a guide most of the time so I tended to use it to read up before about where we were going....and then to answer any questions I had after we'd been somewhere.....but the info is clear enough to use it instead of a personal guide. The hotels part is spot on as we stayed in several of the ones mentioned. I still look through my China one 3 years on and I'm sure I will often look back at my India one and reminisce too! The Delhi map is great.....personally I would have liked a fold out map of the north of India too so that I could follow our bus and train journeys. Thoroughly recommend this!
on 6 December 2013
The DK guide proved to be quite good. Not too bulky so easy to carry around. Contains most of the information you need for a trip around Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. However, general information about India (culture, religion etc.) and information about the monuments (description of the palaces, their buildings, temples etc) was not very detailed, so sometimes we had to look for an additional guide to get them.
But overall, very satisfied
on 13 April 2015
This was a very helpful book for our trip to India. The pictures make it nicer to read than some other guide books that I've seen and there is some good and concise background information about the areas/culture that was helped by the pictures (ie, architecture, religion). The information about Delhi is quite comprehensive and there is a helpful pullout map of the metro and the area and that map is also included within the book at the end of the section. The only reason why I gave this book 4 stars rather than 5 is that I think they should have included maps for Agra and Jaipur. I would recommend this, though. It's small enough that you can carry it around during the day but big enough that you get a good amount of information on the area and culture.
on 12 September 2014
Informative guide, easy to dip into and read. Good descriptions of places to visit and pictures. I would recommend this guide for anyone going on tour to The Golden Triangle.
on 17 October 2013
Ordered on Monday delivered on Tuesday , so pleased with the book as there is more than enough description to plan a trip to the region.
on 8 December 2015
I've purchased DK Eyewitness Travel Guides in the past, and this one does not disappoint. Great full-page maps of Delhi's neighbourhoods and major sites make it extra fun to explore the city and learn something about what you're seeing at the same time! The extra chapter on the Taj Mahal / Agra Fort was also a nice addition. Would recommend highly!!
on 27 May 2015
DK guides are the best. It's the combination of authortive text and great photos and maps, which really make the difference! Special detachable maps are a bonus!
on 24 September 2013
I am using it to plan a trip, not yet been so hope it's accurate, but seems to have all the necessary info. I'm also visiting Udaipur which isn't covered so also bought another guide from Lonely Planet and find I'm using the Eyewitness one more as it has the pictures and explains what you will see. Lonely Planet is good for the travel elements and more depth.
on 8 June 2015
Perfect, great value for money, excellent product, delivered on time and as agreed, helped us plan our fantasti holiday to India, perfect guide
on 6 February 2015
Hopefully will be useful whilst we're on holiday. Has given us important background knowledge and insight into the culture.