on 4 August 2017
A good overview of the main attractions in Croatia. There is so much to see and do in this country and the book doesn't cover everything but is a good guide of where to start. Glad I purchased this before my trip.
on 7 July 2014
Found this really useful whilst travelling around croatia. The pictures and descriptions are concise but give enough detail to enable the reader to get a general impression about the location and I found it useful to have a bit of an insight in I what each place has to offer when I was devising the itinerary of the holiday.
My only criticism is that in some sections the book focuses too much on one type of attraction such as churches, and the description does not do justice to the place. We nearly didn't visit some places because it sounded like all there was there were churches, but actually there was much more there that was unmentioned.
4 people found this helpful
on 6 April 2018
As always with DK Eyewitness, a good starting guide for the country, we used if for a visit to Dubrovnik, it's comeing out again in a month or two as we have a trip planned to Split.
on 25 September 2016
Book looks helpful but have yet to use as trip cancelled at last minute due to illness. This is a good series of guide books which are usually most helpful--we shall see hopefully, next year!
on 25 January 2018
very informative little book handy size to pop in my handbag
on 22 February 2018
Useful when there. Not much help for preplaning
on 31 August 2014
As usual from DK, this is an excellent pictorial 'taster' of the many delights of Croatia, along with a succinct and informative commentary about the must-sees. However, don't buy this book expecting the kind of practical and historical detail contained, for example, in the Rough Guide. It should be treated as more of a general overview of the country, albeit a pleasurable one, rather than anything more sophisticated.
on 14 September 2013
Useful guide to get an idea of the country by means of pictures before you go but of very little use as an atual guide book once you are there. We wish we'd stuck to our usual rough guides !

The book is descriptive but lacks in any real tips and useful information to help decide what is worth seeing.

Really feels like it is written from desk research and not by people who've actually been to the country.
on 4 July 2017
Good informative book, but a bit more words and less pictures than I was looking for. Very nicely printed though, and well worth buying.
on 27 February 2015
Bought this to use on a city break to Zagreb. I already own several DK Eyewitness guides and this was exactly what I expected but........the section recommending places to stay and eat gave map references THERE IS NO MAP!!!!!!!!