Customer reviews

DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Belgium & Luxembourg
Format: Flexibound|Change

on 31 May 2015
For once I was disappointed with an eyewitness travel guide. It has the usual information and museum layouts but the maps were on the poor side. The getting around information was particularly poor and certainly needs a major overhaul. I can understand not wishing to print metro maps of Brussels but internet links would be more than helpful. I found the Luxembourg section particularly lacking in detail and on a planned day trip got more information from the Luxembourg tourist office than this guide even hinted at. Luxembourg is a small country ( you can travel throughout for €4 a day per adult on all public transport) unfortunately this neat little tip was not mentioned and why no map of the centre of Luxembourg City? It's so compact! Hard to offer a suggestion for an alternative guide as I found all those i researched to lack detail. Still they are great countries to visit!
on 15 October 2014
I prefer the DK Eyewitness travel guides to any as they cut to the chase and give me the information I want. This one was perfect for my recent trip to the Belgian Ardennes region and it was used for many of our days out. The information was accurate and helpful.
on 13 September 2013
Having just spent the summer touring in Europe would suggest this be at the top of the list of holiday items. Used it on a daily basis - it not only helped practically it also gave an insight into the countries. ps Luxembourg City was a wonderful trip - well worth it.
on 28 November 2013
I prefer the DK Eyewitness guides to "Lonely Planet" as they have more and better illustrations and they do not concentrate on the cheaper end of the market.

This is another in their series that perfectly does the job
on 13 May 2015
We found this to be a most excellent and useful guide. The layout is clear, and enough information is given without being overwhelming.
on 5 August 2013
Great book if you plan to visit this often neglected area. Some of the hotel information is a bit out of date.
on 30 August 2017
As always these Eyewitness guides are the bees knees
on 4 August 2013
Since we first "discovered" these guides we have bought the appropriate one before any trip;
Spain and Barcelona are particularly good
on 4 December 2014
Bought for our trip to Belgium including Bruges and found it very useful.
on 3 March 2015
Good book for general travel around Belgium