on 10 June 2013
I have just come back from a visit to Krakow and this book - bearing in mind it was my first visit - was invaluable. The information was spot on and the map was really useful in planning our days out (although the city was so easy to navigate it wasn't really required once out and about, but for logistical planning in making the most of our week there it was excellent!)

It was extremely up to date - as you would hope with the publication date of this particular edition only being just over a month ago - but sometimes you see re-used pictures etc that don't reflect the city on your arrival and this wasn't the case. I'm assuming the picture of the Brotherhood of the Marksman from the Corpus Christi Parade was taken in the last couple years because when I got home and looked at my photos I had one of the same man....

Fantastic guide for a stunning city that, if I visit again, I'll be checking back for any updated editions before I go!
on 13 September 2013
I counted at least 35 churches in this book, which is no doubt fabulous if you're an ardent Catholic, but there are serious omissions and areas which receive scant attention. What about the area south of the river (Podgorze), especially the former Jewish ghetto and its terrible history - hardly anything about that, although there are plenty of things to explore (including the excellent museum in Schindler's factory). Two of the three walks that are suggested are pretty underwhelming too - a walk from Podgorze to the Liban quarry is far more interesting.

You'd be well advised to look at "Krakow in Your Pocket", which is free online and in paper form once you get there.
on 24 July 2013
I ordered this book as I will be visiting Cracow for the first time next month. I wanted to be able to plan places of interest to visit, and to give me an idea of entrance fees , etc. Also it briefly explains the history of Poland before World War II and after. Full of information area by area, with plenty of maps. I love the pull out map at the back of the book. Lots of Practical information on getting around, also on using the buses and trains. I love the DK Eyewitness Travel books, I always buy one on whatever country i'm going to visit.
on 28 October 2013
As a frequent traveller I always use DK books as I love the photos and the clear maps and details about everything from how to get to your destination as well as food, museums, art galleries and tips for tourists. Having just returned from Cracow I found the book invaluable. Arrived quickly and a good price.
on 20 August 2013
I have used several DK Guides before and always been very satisfied this one did not disappoint with lots of visual detail and the current information regularly updated.
on 19 January 2014
Planned a visit for March and needed to know what to do and see.
DK guides are always great, but their single city books are really worth buying for the details.
on 31 October 2013
Great companion for a weekend in krakow!
Separate map very useful
Veru helpful illustrations, maps etc
Recommended restaurants worked out fine too!
on 14 May 2014
My favourite series of travel books delivers yet again.Full of info,maps,photos....nothing else is required.This particular book on Cracow is brilliant.
on 12 December 2013
Love these books. Easy to read and great to have a map in too.

Excellent delivery. Overall a great book and great service.
on 2 January 2015
Nice and glossy but not great in practice when there. We borrowed an AA guide from a friend which was very small but more use!