on 3 September 2013
As always, as far as I am concerned,DK books are very good value and beautifully illustrated.
Perhaps I am an Italophile ,but I like the way the contents are presented
on 3 March 2015
Good and informative book with lots of information
on 15 September 2013
I bought this book as we were going to Tuscany and Florence, although I had a small book on Tuscany I thought this one would be in greater depth. Florence was certainly well covered but as we were travelling up the west side of Tuscany there was no or little mention of some of the places that we visited and were well worth seeing such as Castiglione della Pescaia, Massa Marittima and Volterra.
on 20 December 2008
I am a fan of these publications - they make it very easy to plan a journey, as well as providing a great starting point to find out more about the history of a city/area. This book proved very useful in preparing for a visit to February in February 07, and I would not have been without it. Of particular use are the aerial maps, which make locating oneself much easier when lost! The articles, although necessarily short, offer a glimpse into the glories that can be found - rather than reading the book, get your tickets out there, and let the book be your guide rather than your only source of knowledge.
VINE VOICEon 17 September 2007
This is the best guide of Tuscany we have found so far to prepare our holiday, we have read other DK guides before and always been happy with the information they provide.

The chapter on accommodation is particularly useful.

The book consists of 336 beautifully illustrated pages with superb maps and street by street city plans with guide walks, it also has a road map in the back cover.

With a third of the guide is dedicated to Florence there is plenty of information on the main buildings, palaces and churches and features a large number of little villages in the countryside.
on 17 July 2013
This gives a complex guide to Tuscany and is extremely heavy for carrying round a city. Therefore I would suggest anyone buying this reads before travelling (very interesting facts) and makes separate notes for pocket or handbag!!
on 18 November 2013
Not too much info, not too little. Colourful pictures including photographs and cut-through cross-sections of important buildings. They set the standard for tourist guides in terms of accessibility and presentation.
on 31 July 2013
DK guides are the best - full of useful information and visual aids for travellers. I would recommend this guide for any first time visitor to Tuscany.
on 29 July 2013
A really useful book for visitors to the area. Lots of great ideas for things to do, and good places to eat.
Can't wait to get back there.
Loved the pull-out map of Florence - a must on side street rambles!
on 28 October 2013
I really wanted just Florence but this book was useful - tended to leave it at the hotel and take a list with us because it's a bit heavy