Customer reviews

DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Lisbon
Format: Flexibound|Change

on 23 March 2015
Great travel guide book and it must have one when you go travel on board!

I alway I buy DK travel guide book when I go on travel on board!
on 29 April 2017
Pleased
VINE VOICEon 21 February 2014
This guide maintains the high standards of presentation that we've come to expect from DK - it is packed with textual information, maps, diagrams and pictures. However, this book has considerable depth to it too - there's plenty of useful content including history, culture, entertainment etc. In this edition you get the added value of a detachable city map. I found this book to be ideal for my visit to Lisbon and as I had to fit in my sightseeing with a training course. I felt this DK Guide helped me make the most of my time - it was accurate and informative and helped to prioritise the things I was able to see. Recommended.
on 2 December 2013
you could do worse than follow their 4 day program on pages 10 & 11 - very informative and any of the suggestions we tried paid dividends.
on 21 July 2014
Good clear Information, a great map. But , like any guide book, tends to be out of date as soon as its printed. Everything seemed to be pretty uptodate n this on my recent trip to Lisbon. But sometimes its better tp find the things not in the book than just follow the crowds of tourists to the same places in their book.
on 17 January 2014
Bought this book for a weekend trip to Lisbon has all the information you would need to help you around
on 22 November 2013
as usual, Eyewitness Travel Guides packed the perfect amount of info on key attractions, understanding of the different neighbourhoods and background on Portugal to plan a great trip!
on 6 January 2015
Limited to Lisbon and surroundings, this is great for a brief trip to Lisbon. If you are planning a road trip around Portugal (which I heartily recommend) other resources would be broader in scope and more useful. Still, for those who have a weekend jaunt to the city, I recommend this travel guide and the internet to identify good value and local restaurants. Quite good transportation information here, too.
on 11 February 2014
We studied the book in depth before we visited Lisbon for a 3 day city break last year (2013) but they contain so much useful information that we had set ourselves an unachievable goal for the 3 days and ended up not seeing all we had planned to see!!
on 7 October 2014
I found this guide really useful for the walking tours - and having a detailed, pull out map was a real plus point - you really need that in a city like Lisbon which has very poor signage. Good background info on the keys areas - and a handy size.