on 14 May 2013
Have been looking at my garden for a long time and wishing I knew how to even start with it. This book starts off with a whole section on planning your garden, and how best to go about it. After that there are detailed drawings, photos and paragraphs on how to look after individual plants, from planting them to pruning them, and also a list of some more popular varieties of certain plants which have their attributes listed. They have sections on how to deal with broader categories such as 'fruit trees' and others, and even have information on how to put together raised beds, water gardens, etc. As a beginner, this book will guide me well for a very long time I would imagine!
20 people found this helpful
on 12 January 2017
Invaluable gardening companion. Covers all aspects of gardening in an easy and clear way. So useful for amateur and professional gardeners alike.
4 people found this helpful
on 22 May 2018
Good service again with Amazon, we bought it for our son who is about to start a new garden and it full of very interesting reading and information for a novice gardener.
on 8 April 2017
Excellent value for money
One person found this helpful
on 19 September 2017
I studied Horticulture and was a Nursery Foreman for some time. This book is not simple to use (indexing not user friendly)
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 15 January 2018
Great item and delivered promptly.
on 27 May 2014
i bought this as a present from a new gardener . one of the best reference books i know off covering all aspects of gardening usually £35 so a great price here for £14
2 people found this helpful
on 2 April 2014
Bought this book for my parents (previous edition) and needed some advice on the garden. I was pointed to this book and realised that it was so useful I bought one or myself. Advice, tips and help range from basic to more advanced. Expert knowledge on all types of flora a fauna.
on 11 March 2018
Christmas present for hostess in France for Christmas she seemed happy with it.
on 1 April 2014
If its information about gardening you need it will be somewhere in this book Only one minor problem this certainly is not a pocket book! Full of information and superb illustrations for any gardener from the one with a few pots on the window sill to the professional with several acres to cultivate.