on 2 October 2012
I pre ordered this for my 7 year old daughter and it arrived today, she hasn't had a chance to play with it yet, but it seems to be just what I expected, 103 lego bricks and two mini figures, one being an exclusive Chloe character, there are 5 different scenes to build, Mysterious map, building fun, setting sail, cave discovery and bejewelled and it's titled treasure hunt in Heartlake city. on the back it says read the story, build the model, play the adventure.

I would say that this is a great value set compared to the others onsale for a similar price, I'm sure that my 7 year old will have hours of fun with this set.
on 6 April 2017
Really good for the whole family, children loved it and we actually thought it was rather fab and was very much involved when this came out
on 19 May 2013
This is a lovely introduction to lego and well presented. The instructions are easy to follow, however, the story is quite weak, which lets the product down, but my daughter is very happy with it. The idea of this is that the reader builds and reconstructs different items throughout the story. However, my daughter didn't want to take apart her first models, so just continued reading without building the models later in the book.
on 17 November 2012
My 6 year old daughter is fairly new to Lego. Her older brother has a lot but she hasn't shown much interest. This format really appealed to her and we sat together to do the chapters. You read a little bit of a story about the two girls and the first stage of their adventure then build 2 or 3 little things with the Lego. My daughter then had a little play with it and we put it away to do another chapter the next day.
At first she was a bit disappointed that to make the things in the next chapter she had to take apart the things she had made the day before, but I think this actually helps with the realisation that the same bits of Lego can make lots of different things. Once we had finished the story she settled down and made lots of new crazy things with it.
This would make a lovely present and great as an introduction to the world of Lego. I also like that you can store the Lego bits in the book when you are finished so we can get it out again in a couple of months and do it again.
My eight year old daughter really enjoyed this book it had loads of great interesting ideas inside for her to follow came with a lego model of two friends on a raft my daughter had great fun making it the book is very colourful easy to follow ideal for any lego friends fan or any girl highly recommended very fast delivery well packed great.
on 10 February 2013
I asked my 8 year-old to rate her birthday present and she said that she loved it because she could build an entire story, just like an "adventure". She'd recommend it to other girls who can build Lego on their own and follow the story in a comic book (my Norwegian girl can't read English yet).
on 2 October 2015
I've been really intrigued by these but at full price approx £16.99 they've seem over priced. I was hoping they would encourage my 5 year old to start building with the lego rather than just play with the figures and so far they have.

I've given the product 3 stars because I think it could be improved in a number of ways. First, I think the story line and build could be laid out better. It's hard to keep tabs on the story and the build. I could see ways of making this more fun and intuitive. Secondly, I think the story line is weak and needs a bit of work though the limitations may have been set by Lego brand guidelines. Thirdly, I think the whole thing should be redesigned as a carry along case. The big card board box that houses the lego could be better designed as a store and platform for the story, the book could be a pullout and the whole thing could be halved in size. I would love something smaller that I could take on a train/in a car/on a plane for child to do. That would be perfect. But the design would need to take into account not losing the small pieces.

So in summary, it's a lovely idea, it does get young builders building but the packaging is unnecessarily bulked out. I haven't worked out the cost of the lego pieces. You do get a good range of bricks and a range of builds. I wouldn't want to cut back on this aspect of the product and getting 2 figures is great.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 28 November 2012
I bought this for my 6 year old daughter as a Christmas present as she has a small collection of Lego and loves it. She also loves books so this looks like a win win situation ...

The book is a hardback cover and as you open the front a box is to the left and a book to the right.

The box lid lifts to reveal a bag of over 100 Lego pieces - all very girly looking and the usual quality you'd expect from Lego. Two characters are included and one of these is exclusive to this set.

The book is illustrated in colour throughout and features pictures of your new characters in various surroundings - all made from the Lego included here. The story develops and you are given the opportunity to construct what you see. The instructions for building are easy to follow.

As far as value is concerned, the price here goes up and down (I paid less than £10) so add it to your favourites and monitor the cost - I guarantee it will vary.

It compares well to other Lego products with similar amounts of pieces but you have the added benefit of the book as well as the creative thinking it will generate for your young aspiring engineer of the future. All-in-all, I think this is a fantastic deal.

It's a lovely pack and I'm confident this will be one of my daughters favourite presents.
on 5 June 2015
This is great. Got it for my 10year old daughter. When it came I thought she might think it was too young for her. But she loved the fact that you read a bit of the story then it gives you instructions on how to make an item then you read on and make something else. And all the pieces can be stored in the book. I would recommend age 7-8. As it is full A4 pages of writing. A great way to learn. And you can't beat Lego.
on 17 April 2013
I bought this as a xmas present as my grandaughter wanted her own lego as her brother would shout at her if she used his so i was extremely pleased to find that lego now do girls lego, she enjoyed having her own lego and no arguments about whos is whos which can only be bonus. recommended