Format: Hardcover|Change

on 28 March 2015
This is such an interesting book. I couldn't get over how helpful it was. Having read it from start to finish in 3 days I learnt alot.
This is the first book of its subject that I have read and found it very knowledgeable. Tells you every aspect of having an allotment.
I learnt a few things I never knew before. This book to me Is the ideal first book to help guide you through having or thinking of having
an allotment. Basic terms are used to explain situations of all the things you need to know. This to me is a must have for people starting
their very own project of this subject. Great for beginners to learn from but also great for just refreshing your mind on allotment growing.
Give it a go. You wont be disappointed.
on 28 June 2015
I love this book. As a novice allotmenter I needed lots of info I could refer to and this book definitely does that. I am a visual learner and I love the photos and layout of the book to help. Love the weed section and pruning sections.
The only thing I would like to add is monthly jobs with planning guide so had to buy a month by month guide as well. If you need visual and pages of text broken up to make reading more fun - this is a book for you.
on 12 May 2013
Very informative, covers everything from laying the allotment out. To the needs of each plant and how you use them to crop rotation.
on 19 April 2014
I bough this after having it from the library and decided it would be a useful reference book to refer to whilst getting my first allotment up and running. It is full of practical design and planning ideas, including crop rotation, raised beds, what to plant etc. All very clear in layout with good diagrams / pictures. Perfect for the allotment beginner but maybe a little basic if you already have allotment experience.
on 31 March 2016
I have bought 5 assorted allotment books most 'Used-Like New' This is by far the best one according to my Hubbie who has been given the job of reading them all as he has retired...(My job is to do the digging and weed pulling to remove the stress of still working!).. He says it is easy to read and has everything you need to know easy to find, one book took flying lessons when he couldn't find something he'd read in it earlier due to bad layout.
on 24 May 2013
Book very good for us as we're allotment virgins. We like the additional recipes you get with the products you grow
on 1 September 2013
This was exactly what i wanted when starting my own mini allotment in my garden. The layout of the book is great, readdy accessable and lots of tips and pictures.
The book also arrived really quickly and was much cheaper than from book shops or other book website!
on 3 December 2014
Brilliant book. i am a beginner and this has already proved useful. Very informative and very clear. good quality book with great illustrations. I would highly recommend this book
on 15 July 2013
A really useful book that is really informative and easy to follow with clear pictures which enable a clearer understanding of how best to plan my allotment space
on 4 July 2013
This book is full of advice and tips for any new "allotmenteer" and provides the reader with lots of useful hints for a successful allotment