Customer reviews

DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: San Francisco & Northern California
Format: Flexibound|Change

on 11 May 2014
I found this book really useful for my trip to Northern California and info about SanFrancisco ,although it did not give info about public transport for my journey further north which I did by bus and which most do by car so only road directions given .But as a basic guide for info about sites to see it is useful
on 13 November 2015
A very good easy to use guide with some useful itineraries. The size is small enough to fit into a large pocket and it is sturdy enough to feel robust for regular use. We'll be using this as our main guide on a San Francisco trip.
on 29 June 2014
The DK series of travel guides have been our favourite for many years, they are easy to use, full of relevant and useful information and are inexpensive to buy. The San Francisco guide is no different, enjoyed looking through it the last few days and will definitely enjoy using it when we go to San Francisco at the end of July.
on 17 September 2015
A good guide, it even impressed a local North Californian long-term resident, and I left it for him to use.
on 17 November 2013
I like the DK guides - so of the heavier guide books are very worthy but not very interesting. This is well-illustrated, gives a good idea of what you might be seeing. It helps that it is confined to Northern California and San Francisco as it is a huge state to be covered by one publication. A good binding (silly I know but I've had some books fall apart on trips) and interesting for the whole family. My kids found it much more appealing than most such books.
on 24 September 2017
Great Thanks
on 17 June 2014
Just what I needed to plan my trip to San Francisco. DK guides are not only visually appealing, but they seem to have got the readability just right.
on 29 August 2015
Fabulous informative book with great photos.
on 13 January 2015
Very useful publication that was tested well in a USA visit last year (2014).
on 17 December 2015