Customer reviews

Format: Flexibound|Change

on 20 June 2014
I was extremely impressed with the very quick receipt of this product. It arrived in a matter of days and much ahead of the possible length of time slot. It was very well packed and in excellent condition.

These books are very readable and this one was published in 2014. Not only does it have many many photographs which give one an idea of what one will be seeing but also the directions to get there, including underground and bus routes which are invaluable to the visitor to London.

Although termed a 'soft back' it is much nearer a 'hard back' than a 'soft' one and has a wipe over cover as well
on 7 November 2013
My wife's sister lives in Oxon, and asked for this book as a birthday present (on 4th. Oct.). As the book wasn't released until 1st. Oct ,& my wife was due to meet her in Central London on 3rd., it was great to receive the book here on the date of issue so that she could be presented with this part of her present when they met. To my wife & I, it seemed a very good value book, and the recipient is very impressed as far as we can understand. It gives a lot of detail which is not provided in similar books. Recommended.
on 15 December 2014
I really like Eyewitness guides: they give you a lot of detail, you get a lot of pictures, the paper quality is good, the outer binding will withstand a light shower, it's the right size for a big pocket if you have a sturdy coat with big pockets (it's quite heavy) and it's been laid out well so the maps are easy to access. I've looked at all the London guides and this one is head and shoulders above the rest.
on 30 March 2014
I have a number of DK guides. It was odd to buy one where the city was so familiar. I found it comprehensive and provided enough surprises to make the purchase worthwhile. A good choice for anyone visiting London.
on 23 January 2014
I love these books. This one is so packed full of useful information about places to visit in London. It has numerous excellent photos and a plastic covered pull-out map. Incredibly useful. I recommend it.
on 2 May 2014
Love this travel range. OUr daughter has moved nearer to London and is thrilled that she can seek out places to visit that may not be on the tourist route. We buy these books for every trip we take. Highly recommend them. Lovely walk ideas that show you house by house who lived where .....
on 18 May 2014
A really interesting and useful book for anyone who wants to know about the geography and history of London. Everything you need is supplied- maps, street A-Z, area plans and labelled illustrations. As a guide book or just an enjoyable digest, I recommend this book.
on 13 March 2014
I was given the New York guide as a gift and found it a fantastic book. It was packed full of information, great maps and was easy to use. I bought the London guide for my parents and having looked at it, it's every bit as good. Would recommend these guides when travelling.
on 26 August 2014
I always buy the DK's guides before travelling or just for personal interest and I find them the best I know. Full of information, pictures, maps and useful internet links.
on 28 April 2014
Like all the DK Eyewitness Guides, they're clear and easy to follow. If the person using them is not a native speaker, they can still get a lot from the street plans and mini-summaries of places to visit. They're also beautiful. I'm never too sure about their food recommendations... The one on Madrid has dreadful photos of typical food - everything looks burnt, but that's besides the point here....