on 31 May 2013
SO I have just finished using this book to organise our 2 day trip to San Francisco. It has a lot of useful information in it, but I skimmed over certain items as I did not need to worry about them. I aimed for sights and restaurants. After a thorough read, I was able to find all the information I needed. I used the maps which come with the book, and also used some web browsing and reading reviews online. This book was a great place to start and finish as there are far too many things to do, and too many websites to pick from.

I would highly recommend this to anyone who will be going to San Francisco and need a travel guide to get started.

Well worth the investment. Now we have another DK guide for our collection of places we've been. Nice little collection.
5 people found this helpful
on 20 June 2015
Has loads of useful information but if you use your phone as much as I do, it is much better to have everything on it. The map here is not useful if you use your phone but a good addition if it happens to die!

The good thing about this little book is that is has a lot of interest information in one little book and you dont have to go around looking for things. The itineraries were not as great I thought and if you want to cram a lot of things in 2.5 days like I did the suggested plans are not very useful...

But you can definitely pick up some good ideas from it.

Worth having and the price is good too but would't spend more than that
on 24 June 2015
I have bought several DK books and they are really good . The map is helpful, the sights to visit , the use of public transport all very helpful. However the restaurants the books suggests have been very very disappointing. I have never so far a good meal by following the DK suggestion.
Has anybody really tried ay of the restaurants suggested in the books? I really wonder. I still recommend the books but not the resturants the books suggest.
on 30 June 2015
The dk eyewitness travel books are very informative they have a fold up map on the back page a section of hotels and a short review and restaurants with a price guide if you are traveling I would highly recommend these dk eyewitness books. This san Francisco book is very useful and tells you all the top 10 sights to see and mini walking tours you can do
on 12 April 2013
I love everything about this guide - I have more detailed guide books but this is perfect for getting to the heart of what you need to see in San Francisco (or anywhere in fact - all the the top ten guides are great). It's also easy to slip in your pocket when you are out and about. Highly recommended.
5 people found this helpful
on 24 April 2014
This book was very helpful for us during our few days in San Francisco. The map could have been better, however, all hotels provide a comprehensive local street map so this did not matter. I would be careful about the recommended food and drink costing guide. We visited a restaurant stated as a $$ and it was most definitely a $$$$. The food was lovely so we couldn't complain.
For a small city guide it's fine.
3 people found this helpful
on 17 July 2016
Love these travel guides. Theyre are a good size to carry with you and they have all you need to know, including a pull out map. The best travel guide.
on 27 October 2016