on 4 June 2014
So far I've had a go at one of the blankets and it's not turned out quite right... I've made a few hats with different patterns and plain blankets but I would class myself as a beginner. The hardest thing I've been finding is getting the right yarn for the designs. Saying that, the book is beautiful and the patterns are all well explained and presented. I'm looking forward to getting a bit better so that what I make resembles what is in the book ;-)
on 4 April 2016
If you're looking for baby and toddler patterns that aren't all knitted in the round then this book is great.
on 5 December 2013
Disappointed to discover after purchasing that this was not the complete book and only has 15 patterns, all the ones i wanted were not included. Apart from saying only 15 patterns are included, I still cant see where it says it not the whole book. Save your money and put it towards a hardback version. Thought I was getting a bargin, gutted
on 6 December 2015
A lovely book with helpful instructions and lots of attractive projects to knit. Perfect for both beginners and experienced knitters. I've knitted a few things already and am delighted with the results. A great buy. (I originally borrowed this book from my local library, but renewed it so many times I decided I needed to own it!)
on 19 August 2015
This is a lovely book with some nice patterns. However the main issue with it is that the patterns are only given in a couple of sizes and there is no mention on how to increase the sizes. So if the child or baby is bigger than the sizes given, tough luck! Really annoying and definatley not for beginners.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 July 2014
Absolutely love this book. lovely patterns, keeps me busy for hours!
on 25 September 2015
Not all the patterns are correct because if you do it the way it says they don't turn out like the picture so you have to make it up as you go along on some. Only half the patterns are made easy the rest you have to be an expert or a miracle worker to get it right
on 21 October 2015
This is a great book. I would have given 5 stars....but unfortunately the Ice Cream Sundae blanket on page 131 is quoting twice as much yarn than required, much to my cost. BEWARE as it should read 1 X 100g ball in each colour NOT 2.
on 2 December 2014
Specifically sought as a Christmas gift. Arrived within 24 hrs, excellent service. My daughter says it is an wonderful book, she is busy knitting. Now she will have her own copy & can return her long term loan to the library.
on 22 October 2014
Nice book of patterns lots of booties, hats, toys, some clothes patterns to blankets. I was able to knit a nice new born baby set; cardigan, booties and hat for a boy and a girl. Patterns are for babies and very young children.