on 9 January 2016
Fine
on 16 August 2013
Being a regular rough guide buyer, I didn't have to think a lot about it when the time to choose came.
To begin with, the size and weight of the book is ideal for holding and carrying along. Much more important, the accuracy of information and the quality of the content is what makes it worth buying.
In this particular one I found only a couple of things for which I was not left totally satisfied. First, I would expect that when it comes to a big metropolis like mexico d.f. more restaurants representing REGIONAL cuisines would be mentioned. Since I wanted to taste some yucateca food, I had to leave the guide aside and search in the Internet spending valuable time.
Another thing was the opening hours of cafes etc. Unlike what was mentioned in the guide, I repeatedly found some of them closed. This however can be possibly attributed to the Mexican "relaxed" attitude when it comes to keeping the time and not to the guide's inaccurate information. Mexico travelers keep that in mind!
on 18 December 2014
I'm not one for brand allegiance when it comes to travel books. I've travelled with every kind. I remember the China Rough Guide being particularly good (when travelling with a girl who had LP) Sadly, this rough guide appears particularly focussed around the touristy areas, which are in my mind the places you are least likely to need a guide... I picked up an old LP at a hosts house and coverage of the country seemed much better.

I favoured with Rough guides (on kindle) this time because of cost and regret it.

This book will suffice for for most and help to plan but from what i've seen there are better guide books for Mexico out there.
on 11 February 2016
Excellent travel guide. I go to Mexico almost every year, so buy every new edition of the Rough Guide. Very comprehensive and takes you to some very good hidden gems. Maps are very clear. Shame they don't do an app or electronic version to go with it, as it is heavy to carry around you have a huge sign saying "Tourist here!" if you open it in the middle of the street. However, I wouldn't be without it!
on 31 October 2015
Good guide, it was very useful during our 6 weeks trip to Mexico.
on 31 October 2015
Describes mexico, cant complain
on 6 February 2014
Loaded with great info, jam packed with help to make visit to Mexico the dream that I want. Amazing pictures.
on 12 September 2013
I bought this book hoping for an easy-to-read, practical and down-to-earth guide. First things first, this guide is quite big, thick and heavy; which is fine of course if it's crammed with cool insider tips - I'm not sure if this book is. I have found it quite useful in parts but to be honest it's a chore to read. It's split into regions with more general sections on culture/history etc at the end, although the pages are pretty unattractive with very few pictures and illustrations. Here it goes into extraordinary detail about things such as 'fauna' or obscure species of bird... so in my opinion this guide is by no means 'rough'. Buy it if you're after a detailed and involved guide, as for me I'll be checking out the Lonely Planet website.
on 12 September 2013
This was very interesting to read although I found it not quite as useful as other material out there. However I would not want to put anyone off purchasing this, as there is some very interesting information contained within.
on 28 April 2014
As with all their guides this gives all the information you'd need. I'm looking forward to my trip with more confidence