Customer reviews

LEGO® Star Wars The Visual Dictionary: With Minifigure
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 20 October 2009
My son Peter loves Lego & Star Wars so the PS2 game is a firm favourite. When he saw this book in a shop he was immediately captivated. The book itself is big, bright & features extensive information on the versions of Lego released along with "brick data" about the variations & anomalies. The pictures are big & bold & he's not put the book down in the two weeks since it was delivered. So it may not be enough to satisfy the Lego/SW 'experts' and may feature a few errors or ommissions (I couldn't tell you myself as I'm not a fan!) but as a book for a child with a huge imagination, you can't go wrong.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 29 November 2011
My son is five and we bought this for him last Christmas as he is mad on Lego and Star Wars. As the year has progressed he looks at it more and more - in fact, every night before we go to sleep - telling me that Father Christmas is going to buy him this set or that set...erm....how do you tell a five-year-old "you'll be bloody lucky"?!

I'm 46 and I can certainly see the appeal of Star Wars Lego - after all I was a fan of the original film way back when I was 11.

The book isn't quite as thick as you think - due to the packing for the minifigure, but is still immensely detailed and full of high quality photos and facts.

Can't recommend this enough for sons (and Dads!).
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 18 August 2015
Brilliant book full of all those amazing star wars facts from lego also comes with luke skywalker mini figure very colourful book easy to follow well made very fast delivery packed extremely well highly recommended for any fan or collector.
on 12 July 2017
Great look at the Star Wars sets over time. Not integral reading but I'd imagine kids and AFOL alike would love this
on 3 April 2010
I purchased this book for my very knowledgeable children (how do they know so much about all this). They rate it as 10 out of 10. I have no interest in Star Wars but rate Lego highly. I have to admit that the book is brilliantly presented, nicely detailed and a genuinely good read. The 'exclusive' Luke Skywalker minifigure is a real treat although I understand that the one being supplied now differs to the one originally supplied in 2009 books (eyes).LEGO Star Wars the Visual Dictionary (Dk)
on 29 May 2014
Watch out if you show this to your Star Wars loving kids they will want everything they see here. There are lots of pictures and it interesting to see how some of the sets have evolved over the years.
on 14 August 2011
This book was bought for my 7 year old who is Lego Star Wars mad. He loves minifigures and the fact that this has a limited edition one included makes it great value.

The pages of the book are good quality, with clear photos of minifugures and the sets. There is loads of information on the sets, with a timeline at the front of the book to tell you when they were released and a bit more in depth information in the chapters. The information includes how many peices in each set and which film they appeared in. There are also 'brick facts' on most pages, with some interesting facts which my son loves telling people. The chapters at the back include info on collectors sets and a Q&A style interview with the manager of the design team.

I've read some reviews saying that the information given is incorrect. I cannot comment on that, not being a huge Star Wars fan, but I will say that I this book is aimed at young children, aged seven plus. As a mother, I love the way it has encouraged his reading, most of the words used are easy to read, it's just the characters names which can be difficult. The photos and info are set out well and the minifigure is an added bonus. My son and his friends spend ages going over each page, reading and discussing. In all, I think it's a great, informative book for the young Star Wars fan.
on 8 February 2010
This is a MUST for any star wars /lego fan. It has certainly kept my 8 year old occupied for a number of weeks. Only downside is that he now wants every set in the book!!
on 22 July 2010
This book is brilliant for Lego Star Wars fans. Contains loads of information about every Lego Star Wars set. I really recommend it.
on 29 December 2009
This book is a must for all LEGO & Star Wars fans. A great way to see all the SW Lego sets from the last ten years. Especially as i doubt many of us could adford to buy them all!!! Plus you get the exclusive Luke figure built into the book cover.