on 11 February 2014
I love this book, but I have only flicked through it, so how do I know that I love it? That's because it is a modified version of 'Crochet Step by Step'. Most of the patterns and photos are the same and it just seems like they reissued it in a smaller size and changed the layout.

Bit disappointed as I only need one good book. I gave it four stars as it is as informative as the previous title. It does state that it contains 'some material previiously published in Crochet Step by Step' - wish it had said that on Amazon!

Oh well...
on 12 September 2014
By far the best little crochet book I have ever come across and at such a reasonable price. It's a nice size hardback. I've bought this for a friend who is still at the early learning stage. It is so well explained I know it will suit her needs. I was so impressed I bought another copy for me. I am an experienced crochet fan (having produced so many dresses I've truly lost count (including a Wedding consisting of 7 Bridesmaids; Bride's going away dress & jacket; Bride's Mum's dress & full-length coat). I only mention this to emphasise the fact that I found several projects in this book that I wanted to make. From this you will gather that this little book has genuine appeal to the Beginner AND the more Advanced. Few other crochet books can claim the same - and certainly not at this price. Also worth mentioning: this is a DK publication and we all know the quality of those, particularly with regards layout and photographs. So buy it!
on 9 February 2014
A nicely printed and presented book, with clear diagrams and explanations and good photos.
You don't need any other books on how to crochet....wish I'd bought this one first.
on 5 March 2014
I love this book. The stitch instructions and illustrations are really easy to follow for the beginner. The patterns are great for improving skills and easy to read. My friends liked the book so much that I bought them one each too. It is the resident guide book for any newcomers to our crochet circle.
on 22 May 2014
This is a brilliant book for the beginner.

The clarity of the photographs and the corresponding written instructions make learning to crochet a lot less daunting. I have not found the same clarity anywhere else. Some other resources have drawings that are difficult to follow, but this book has actual photographs of a work in progress, with very helpful arrows and step by step advice.

Some lovely little projects to complete as you learn, increasing in skill level as you work through the book.

Highly recommended.
on 19 July 2014
This is the ideal book, if like me you cannot crochet at all, it shows everything from showing you how to start with a slip stitch, through to the basic stitches and on to projects. Each stitch is shown in minute detail, I thought it a little pricey but very educational.
on 30 January 2014
Love this book, simple to use and easy to follow for anybody who wants to either learn to crochet or expand their skills
on 8 June 2014
This is an excellent book for both beginner and accomplished crocheter. It contains very well set out instructions and pictures. I was also very pleased at how soon the book was delivered; just a matter of days. Excellent service.
on 5 May 2015
I can not recommend this book enough if you are new to crochet or just need to jog your memory. It's English but gives USA abbreviations and terms too. The internet, especially youtube is great to learn from but this has been a God send especially when there is no internet connection. A great size too, fits nicely into my crochet bag.
on 6 April 2015
Comprehensive book on crochet as with all Dorling Kindersley publications very clearly laid out with real photographs and a handy A5 size. If you only buy one How to Crochet book get this one. As a previous reviewer said this book contains material previously published in Crochet Step by Step.