on 2 April 2014
I am a great fan of the DK series of travel guides as they are very clear with lots of things explained by way of pictures, maps and diagrams and so on. This guide is as good as all the others I have collected over the years. I highly recommend these books.
on 30 December 2014
As big Fan of DK guides I have found this one less useful then I have hoped for - It seems to focuse on major cities and atractions and does not give much space for less comercial atractions. Sadly unlike US state-guides there is no Province quides so one has to compromise. I have actually decided to leave it behind knowing i will nto find it useful next time.
Havign said the above I still would choose DK travel guides over more popular lines, just not for Canada... ;)
on 24 February 2016
This is a must-have book for anyone thinking about traveling to Canada.

There's not masses of detail on all the locations to visit, but it is a guide after all. It was a great starting point for me to plan a trip of a lifetime, and it came with me too! The maps are really useful and they point out some great hidden gems. I would not go on many holidays without first buying an Eyewitness Guide. Other guides don't have the same level of accuracy, imagery or content.

The book itself is extremely durable: I had this for about 12 months before I went, and then took it across Canada. It's been thrown around, drinks spilled on it, bent in all directions yet refuses to break! All the content is as clear as when I bought it, and zero pages have fallen out!
This 440-page book - the February 2014 print edition - is a colourful and informative guide to attractions of the largest North American country. It has all the usual features, including excellent maps and diagrams. There are excellent colour photos breaking up the text columns, so you can see what you are looking for. It is a handy up-to-date guidebook, with maps, phrase book and other features.

The Contents are -
P007: Introducing Canada
P061: Atlantic Canada (Newfoundland & Labrador; New Brunswick, Nova Scotia & Prince Edward Island)
P103: Quebec (Montreal, Quebec City & St Lawrence River; Southern & Northern Quebec)
P153: Ontario (Toronto; Ottawa & Eastern Ontario; the Great Lakes)
P231: Central Canada (pretty empty)
P259: British Columbia & the Rockies (Vancouver & Vancouver Island; The Rocky Mountains; |Southern & Northern British Columbia)
P327: Northern Canada (also empty)

P348: Traveller’s Needs (where to stay; where to eat; shopping; activities, etc.)
P398: Survival Guide (practical information)
P420: Index
on 26 March 2014
DK guides are always good value and this one is no different. It is a quality product well laid out.
on 4 August 2014
This made a superb companion to the Lonely Planet Guide to Canada. With these two publications we found out all we needed to know. We highly recommend.
on 7 February 2016
The DK travel guides are an excellent introduction to the countries they portray. We use them to map out where we want to stay and what we want to see. They do sometimes tend to paint too rosy a picture - a little constructive criticism of the countries and sites would make for a more balanced and informative book - but they are full of ideas, pictures, maps and useful text, so I won't criticise them too much.
on 12 November 2015
Love the detailed pictures that inspire before the journey. It is quite heavy, so I would suggest to use it as your preparation material to identify the places you want to visit, with 100s of photographs you will be spoilt for choice. I always use DK and have never been disappointed.
on 30 June 2014
Very informative and the routes very easy to follow
on 27 January 2015
Not really aimed at the level I was looking for. I'm more a "Brits' guide to..." type of girl. I do love my Lonely Planet Canada guide though and planning a great trip with it, can't wait!