Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 11 March 2017
Excellent small pocket size guide
on 4 April 2017
Very good help for our city break
on 18 July 2017
Buy these publications every time as they fulfil all my requirements for a long weekend if travel to a new city ...Excellent !
on 2 April 2017
Good Top 10 book
on 19 July 2017
All you need in one book & good value
on 26 July 2017
Superb. Small enclosed map very handy. Cross referencing excellent. Useful headings: areas of Budapest - useful when your in that area; under type eg museums.
on 15 March 2017
ok arrived promptly, give me a good inset to Budapest that we are visiting later this year
on 9 March 2017
Great. Very useful.
What is great about this Top 10 guide is that it gives an overview - it provides a summary of what is on offer. Inside is not just the obvious - the Top 10 sights to see. Also you get the Top 10 museums & galleries, Top 10 markets, Top 10 Arts & Crafts, Top 10 events etc. - even the Top 10 things to avoid.

The book is very small - the size of a DL envelope. Consequently it is easy to carry around, and to put in your pocket. Its weight is very low so it won't weigh on your pocket.

It is divided by area with restaurant reviews for each, plus recommendations for shops, bars and hotels.

It can't provide detail - it can provide `the big picture'.

I now normally take two travel guides with me - one of these Top 10 ones and a detailed travel guide, to get the best of both worlds. If you just have a detailed travel guide, you can miss out on things that you wish you had visited.

On a separate issue, I prefer the paperback version over the Kindle version. I previously bought the Kindle version of a different DK Top 10 Eyewitness travel guide (for the Algarve) because I am a Kindle lover - to my surprise, I found the Kindle format terribly irritating. It taught me that when using a travel guide, you want to be able to flick quickly through it and jump around easily - that's SO much easier with a physical book.

In addition, you want it to be in colour - you can cure that by taking your iPad with you but an iPad is bigger and heavier than this book in its paperback version. You can get round that if you have an iPad mini or a large screen smartphone but you are still left with the problem of being unable to flick around the book quickly.

Travel guides just don't work well in the Kindle format, in my opinion.

You may feel otherwise but that is how I feel. I found the relative awkwardness in flicking around the Kindle book a major handicap. And this is despite the fact that I buy most of my books in Kindle format.

What I am saying is that this is a great book but my personal preference is to buy the paperback version.
on 18 January 2015
My husband and I always buy Eyewitness guides for wherever we go and this one was no different. We find the guides to be colourful, user friendly and informative.
If you're planning a trip to Budapest, this guide is essential!
We actually used one of the restaurant suggestions and thoroughly enjoyed Klassz as it was more of a local restaurant instead of he usual touristy ones guides seem to recommend.
See an Opera if you can (cost us £14 for both of us to watch the New Years Day Gala Symphony - and what a better way tk view the opera house), take a day trip to Szentendre and skip Aquincum....and have a fabulous time...just make sure to take along this book!