Customer reviews

on 20 July 2017
Great product. Thank you for the prompt delivery.
on 3 March 2010
I learnt to read with these books and, although schools do not advocate them now (preferring the Kipper books) I think, as a mum of 2 boys aged 5 and 9 years, they are invaluable. All the key words are learnt at set stages and repeated continuously. It is not an easy option and if there is to be any benefit then the child has to read little and often (I do a page per night - every night) so the words can be absorbed. In my opinion this is an invaluable support to school learning and is definitely worth the effort. Books start at 1a/1b then 2a/2b, 3a/3b, 4a/4b, 5a/5b and so on - simple things are usually the best and I think these are - the best!
on 28 December 2009
My daughter was struggling with reading. I tried various phonetic reading schemes, but she continued to find sound blending confusing. It was only when we began using the Ladybird Key Words series, that we had a breakthrough. Within a week, she was recognising and reading the first two books. The method works remarkably well for her.

If your child is struggling with phonetic reading, I would suggest you try the Key Words series. Some children get on far more easily with 'word recognition' reading - after all, 'phonetic' reading schemes are a fairly recent trend.
on 2 May 2015
A brilliant series for teaching children how to read. My children who are just learning to read, love them and the beautiful illustrations that accompany the text. Also it is nice for children to read books that are just about everyday life and things they can relate to. I would highly recommend this series to anyone who would like to teach their children to read.
on 27 November 2015
My previously reluctant 5 year old reader loves these books; they may look a bit old-fashioned but the simple stories and repetition of key words means he stays interested and can read the whole book on his own. Such an achievement for him! Now he wants to finish a book so he can get on to the next one, and his reading confidence is growing daily.
on 1 October 2013
Started with 1a and working upwards. Within a couple of sessions my 4 year old was building up reading vocabulary. I have used it on 3 other daughters who were all reading basics before they went to school. I used it when I started to read with my grandmother. It really works!
on 2 December 2010
Purchased as part to the collection of the Peter and Jane series to support my son learning to read. Would recommend as the books lead on from each other building of words and skills learnt.
on 27 December 2012
perfect companion to previous book

not too difficult and introduces more words but still part of basic vocabulary

with good pictures
on 9 August 2016
Just a brilliant series for teaching kids to read before they get to school.
on 9 November 2016
So pleased with the set of books. Prompt delivery