Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Format: Board book|Change

on 8 November 2006
My 11month-old adores this book. So many things to touch and look at on each page. Highly recommended
on 5 March 2008
My son loves this book. I bought it for him when he was 6 months and he still adores it now at 15 months, even though the book is in tatters. He's always been extremely active and usually doesn't sit still for more than a couple of minutes at a time, but this book somehow manages to capture his attention. I can't recommend it highly enough.
on 4 June 2013
When my child was 7 months old he loved the bright colours, textures, holes & mirrors but the book is quite large and we had to turn the pages for him. However, we could leave the book open on the floor and the 2 pages would keep him entertained for ages. By 12 months he had sufficient dexterity and strength to rip every flap off and ultimately tore the book down the spine. We fixed it with sellotape. At 17 months old he does whip through it faster and he loves other books more and he does find the size of the book an issue when he would like to turn the pages but cannot. We bought Ladybird's smaller books in this range and they are still much loved favourites.
on 13 July 2009
My son loves this book. He is 7 months old and really enjoys scratching his fingers over the corregated pages and stroking the soft bits. He also adores the little mirrors and touching the bumpy green frog. This book is by far his favourite and I am waiting for the others in the series to arrive that I have subsequently ordered!

The lack of 'story' doesn't matter because there are words/ rhymes and it's nice to just talk about the pages.

He has pulled off part of the elephants trunk and would love to pull off the bee's wings too but I'm trying to resist it (it won't be long before it's gone I'm sure!)

Highly recommended
on 25 January 2014
Books for babies at their best - keeps their mums thoroughly amused in any case. Lots of holes to peek and poke through, different shapes, textures and colours, reminders of nursery rhymes to go with the pictures and generally hugely cheerful. Nearly as good as a nice warm mug of coffee, and who has time for that with a toddler?

We wondered whether the pictures might be so abstract that only parents would recognise what they represent, but no - they turn out to be Platonic archetypes, and the first time our little one saw a bee in real life he knew exactly what it was.
on 25 December 2011
My 15 months old daughter loves this book and she asks us to read it to her over and over. Also I was expecting it to be about the same size of the baby touch "shapes" book that she has loved since she was 3 months old, but instead it is as big as an A4 and a bit larger, so she loves the size of it as well. The content is very simple, but amuses her very much, especially the animals at the end of which she has learned all the verses. I think all books of the baby touch series are great fun for babies from a very young age and continue to be for a long time.
on 13 June 2010
My 7 month old baby loves this book. She can spend quite a long time looking at the pictures and feeling the different textures. This is the first book she has shown any interest in so I bought others in the series which she also enjoys. I would really recommend these books however some of the books in the series are smaller and I think the larger titles e.g. playbook, ryhyme book amongst others are much better for little hands.
on 15 September 2014
The baby touch range of books are great for small children. I bought them for my first granddaughter and she loved them so I've bought some more for my 3 month old granddaughter. She's started recognising pictures and follows the colours already. I'm sure she'll get as much pleasure from them as she grows as her older sister, would definitely recommend as first books for babies.
on 16 February 2010
What a fantastic book!! It covers lots of things.. from colour, shape, feel, sounds, tall and small, animals, mirrors! Only little of each but enough for a baby!!
It's such a bright, stimulating book and my daughter loves it already - at 4 months!
Definitely a favourite on the shelf.. going to go have a look at the rest of the baby touch books now!!
on 31 May 2010
My baby owns this book since he was 4 months old and it probably is his favorite book. It is one of the few things that keep him entertained for more than 2 minutes. Now, at 9 months, he still loves to look at the pretty color illustrations and to touch and eat all the book parts. The only negative side (that my baby, by the way, does not care about) is that the inside flaps are very fragile and he has already destroyed them.