on 30 May 2017
this is a gripping and beautiful story ,it has you hooked from the first page ,I couldn't put it down ,you feel part of the story as you read it's just amazing , it's one if the best books I have ever read it had me gripped made me laugh made me cry it's so moving I was sad when it ended I wanted it to go on. I loved it

sue
on 7 June 2017
I loved this book. Jaunty, an artist and quite a complex character, is grandmother to Gaby. The story starts when Gaby returns to her grandmother's home to look after her. I felt the book had an excellent plot and was very well written. It certainly kept me enthralled!
on 25 August 2017
I couldn't really gel with this story or the way it was told so I don't think I would rush to buy another book by this author. I struggled on till the end but for the majority of it, I was bored with it. Not for me.
on 23 July 2017
Great book to be swept up in. Read on hol. Not as strong as her others such as the returning tide, which shows how she's grown as a writer. But a very lovely read with heroines with believable back stories, which I loved.
on 12 November 2016
A Cornish stranger is a romance read.
There's an old Cornish saying "save a stranger from the sea, he'll turn your enemy.
Absolutely fantastic read. I loved the story and the characters. Jaunty was my favourite. Highly recommended. 5*.
on 7 September 2017
A beautiful story, told with compassion. Lovely characters, who made you interested in their lives. Music that you wish you could hear. I recommend this book to you
on 20 May 2017
Wife loves it.
on 30 September 2017
Author should be given an award as she has written some beautiful stories . Can't wait till I start the next one. I feel as though I'm in Cornwall when I read them. Thank you to her.
on 17 September 2015
Truly an enthralling love story, delightfully related. An enjoyable combination of life in modern day Cornwall and the revealing of love, and tragedy, in war torn France. A gripping read.
on 9 June 2017
just the job for the summer break