Amy's Diary (Quick Reads)
Format: Paperback|Change

on 30 June 2013
I managed to read all of this book this morning sitting up in bed with a cuppa. Great story and a nice gentle read. Here we see Amy keeping a diary during the second world war of how the war affected her and her family and friends.

Not a very taxing read, but good for pure escapism wheather with a cuppa, on the beach or by the pool whilst the kids are having a splash about.

Would recommend.
One person found this helpful
on 16 January 2018
It was a okay read but i felt there was no real emotional connection with the main characters. For a quick read it's ok.
on 20 January 2014
I have now read both quick reads by Maureen Lee. This was the Kindle version and my first Kindle read. I really enjoyed this. Although it is fiction, it had the reality of the war running through it. As you probably know it begins the `Day war broke out' and goes on to just after the end of the war. It is a mixture of happy and sad times for Amy with family and friends. Would recommend it.
on 4 March 2016
For a short story this book was very good. Very well written and thought out, also well researched. I st recommend this book to anyone interested in the day to day lives of the ordinary people of Liverpool in wartime.
on 26 February 2012
Maureen Lee is an expert at weaving a tale of ordinary Liverpool folk into an enthralling read that is very hard to put down, and always leaves the reader wanting more. This mini book is Maureen Lee at her best. I look forward to her next book with anticipation
6 people found this helpful
on 1 March 2018
Gŕeat book.
on 20 April 2016
A good quick read. Longer than a short story, simple but true to life story of Amy's life. Read whole book on a 2 hour boat journey and thoroughly enjoyed.
on 26 August 2013
I am only 15 years old an thoroughly enjoyed the book! I began by reading one of Maureen Lee's book for just a reading book at school and loved it so looked on my kindle for more books also written by Maureen. I picked this book at a quick read and loved it! Easy and short with a great story line! Defiantly a must!
4 people found this helpful
on 8 November 2012
I always read Maureen Lee's books, this time I chose one of her quick reads, unfortunately I found there was no substance to the book at all, nothing much was happening in it, so am sorry to say I didnt enjoy it at all!
on 19 August 2017
Excellent and ease to read.
This is another short story l couldn't
put down.

The story was ease to follow