on 1 April 2017
There is something about Maeve Binchy’s writing which is always guaranteed to please me. She was a brilliant writer and is much missed. This review is for an indulgent second reading of Full House; it was a while since I’d first read it. From the first sentence, I was drawn into the very real world of Maeve’s characters as though I had always known them. That’s why she was my kind of writer.

I felt immediate sympathy for Dee Nolan and her new challenges. Not that she hadn’t been challenged before we met her. A strong, strong lady who was the keystone of her family. The friendship between her and Josie was a very believable one which most people would be able to relate to. As for the family members, well.

I won’t spoil the storyline for you, but I will say ‘just enjoy where the journey takes you’.

Maeve Binchy, we miss you.

Jasmine Sparks
Author of the Dolly Series of books
Dolly: Dolly Series: Book 1
on 14 June 2015
Enjoyed this short story. Very believable, reminds me of when my children before they left home. Like the way she shows what the mother and children think about the same situation.
on 7 April 2017
Haven't read it yet but have not found a Maeve Binchy novel yet to disappoint me!
on 2 January 2014
I found this fun and easy to read. Well written and flowed nicely. One of those stories you know will turn out well but you have to keep reading just to make sure. I would recommend to anyone who just wants an hours escape from life's troubles.
on 18 March 2017
Good read
on 28 November 2016
No comment
on 10 February 2013
I really enjoyed this quick read.Classic Maeve Binchy!So easy to read,no horrible murders or x-rated stories here!!Just easy ,funny,sentimental,and funny.Wonderful way to spend a winter afternoon
on 29 June 2016
ok
on 4 March 2014
This story was again as I have come to expect from Maeve Binchy, a good read with its simple words and colourful imagery.
on 3 March 2017
Fantastic book,keeps you wanting more and more,very good author.