Customer reviews

It's So Easy (and other lies): The Autobiography
Format: Paperback|Change

on 24 November 2015
Brilliant and intelligently written I found this book impossible to put down. since I too suffered from alcoholism and a burst pancreas years ago and am equally lucky to be alive. Chapter after chapter I lived this book with Duff...knew well the places within the tale. An amazing story from one of Rock music's true legends....please....BUY this. It's the best book I have read for many years.
on 9 April 2014
Always loved GnR so I fancied a read. Most of the stories have been told from different perspectives but it was still a good insight into his views on the band's direction and relationships. The latter part of the book deals with Revolver, other part time ventures and then it seems to run out of steam. I'm glad he got cleaned up, and it's great that he's here to reflect.
It's okay, nothing outstanding.
2 people found this helpful
on 24 September 2017
well written, but its just another drugs and alcohol fuelled rock n roll story. If you read a lot of these it will be familiar. his subsequent sobriety is testament to his strength of spirit. but its repetitious.
on 1 September 2017
I loved it - although a bit disjointed at the start, very quickly becomes totally compelling- Very moving, it actually feels like you're there with Duff experiencing his feelings. A remarkable man.
And not gory or depressingly dark like a lot of other LA rockstar bios. I love the book and am very sorry to be reaching the end....
on 19 February 2013
In this amazing autobiography Duff opens up and takes you into the best times of guns n roses and lets you see where he came from, and why the band was doomed to fail from the beginning partly because of the hollywood sharks and partly because of their destructive natures. This man is one of the old rockers who got himself into alot of dirt but got himself out and made something of himself. I would highly recommend reading this if your into rock music as I could not put it down from the minute it came through the door.
on 16 April 2017
I was never a Guns fan, but I chose this book on the strength of the reviews. A very enjoyable read not just for fans but for those who enjoy rock n' roll autobiographies. Duff's writing is articulate & sensitive, describing his self destructive early years before becoming clean & changing his life for the better.
One person found this helpful
on 29 November 2015
I grew up listening to G'n'f'n'R's and Duff was my hero. However, I did not know what to expect from this as I hadn't read all that much about the background of the band. I am glad I did read this as is sheds some light upon some of the rumours surrounding the band and, also, shows what an intelligent, thoughtful person Mr McKagan is.
on 15 May 2017
Good book, worth reading if you are a guns fan. Recommended. Surprising how bright Duff and the rest of the band are.
One person found this helpful
on 1 November 2017
I like GnR but I’m not a huge fan but I do like autobiographies and I’m aware that Duff is no ordinary rocker. I.e I heard about his martial arts and financial business. So I’d hope this would be a well written book with lots of stories. I was not dissappointed. Also he has the ability to write conversational text to help illustrate. A lot of autobiogs miss this and it’s more I did this or that.

Good book, interesting,clever guy.
on 19 June 2018
I really loved this book! Duff is a brilliant writer and story-teller and I found his autobiography utterly fascinating. There's a lot of honesty and heart in his words and I can't recommend this book enough. Even if you aren't a huge GNR fan, you'll thoroughly enjoy this one. Duff is a top dude.