Customer reviews

Home for Christmas (Christmas Fiction)
Format: Paperback|Change

on 11 December 2011
I loved this book, it is a real christmas romance book along with lots of laughter.

I loved the main character Beth, she so badly wants someone to fall in love with her and tell her that they love her. Beth works at the local cinema 'Picturebox' but her boss is an elderly lady and wants to sell it to a chain 'Apollo'. So she also has this as a problem (not knowing if she is going to have a job after christmas).

You follow Beth trying to keep her job and also being dumped by her current boyfirend Aiden. You also see how her relationship is with her mother and her bestfirend Lizzie.

Great book and I could not put it down - this is one book I recommend you to read this christmas.
on 4 November 2013
The story was great. Some very funny bits. Well thought out and carried through. Disappointment was the language which seemed to deteriorate towards the end. The story was enough - I did not appreciate the very liberal use of the f word as it added nothing but annoyance for me.
Home for Christmas is a genuinely funny chick-lit read, with a few side-splitting moments (even my husband laughed!) This book reminded me of the Bridget Jones novels, but perhaps had a better balance due to our awareness of Matt's 'side of the story' in alternate chapters. A great cast of support characters, too.
on 29 October 2016
Great read
on 22 April 2016
Would have liked a sequel
on 16 January 2016
I enjoyed it, light and entertaining
on 29 December 2015
Good book. super fast delivery
on 17 January 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed this
on 16 December 2014
Aewsom
on 1 December 2011
I finished reading Home for Christmas last night, and am still feeling the nice warm glow that it left. Beth and Matt are so lovely and believable it was a pleasure spending time with them, and by the end of the book I felt like they were my friends. The story is written from both points of view, which I really like as I enjoy getting into the character's heads, and Cally Taylor's done a great job of being a 'bloke'!
I'm a fan of independent cinemas - there's a beautiful art-deco one near where I live - and I particularly loved the plot about the Picturebox where Beth works, which is due to be sold to a big chain company and found myself hoping it wasn't going to happen. The story is set in Brighton and the wonderful descriptions really brought it to life - it's clear the author has a genuine love for the place.
Home for Christmas is a fantastic, heart-warming read with a wonderful cast of characters, plenty of laugh-out-loud moments and some that made me cry, and despite the title it can - and SHOULD - be read any time, anywhere.
Highly recommended.