on 21 October 2013
If he produced a 'Best of' on a fortnightly basis I'd still buy every one. Hooked and happily so. Touched with something very special. A bit like most top lips.
on 8 February 2014
If you appreciate this style of journalistic humour then how can you possibly be disappointed in the award winning contributions of Matt? Another fine selection of relevant captions are contained in this collection and are amusing in themselves, but have added amusement once you recall the relevance of the news of the day that inspired them. I have read previous editions and this latest collection maintains the style, humour and standard. A lightweight book providing plenty of smiles and laughs whatever your age and wherever you wish to browse it; so easy to lighten and brighten up any dreary day and we've had plenty of those recently!
on 29 January 2014
Brilliant as ever. I have been buying these books for twenty years and love Matt's sharp wit and ability to combine major stories on any day in one small picture brilliant. I like to look back over other the other "Best of "books and it reminds me of the key stories and people over many years now. A history of Britain in cartoons - I love it.
on 6 March 2014
Matt is the perfect pocket cartoonist. He is uniformly funny, hits the nail on the head every time and, most important, is never, ever unkind or spiteful in his cartoons. I always get his best of books! as they are great records of what has happened and what has exercised us in huge year. Love him to bits.
on 6 February 2014
As my husband forgot to buy me a copy for christmas I decided to buy a used copy on line. I really like doing this as I have yet to notice any difference from a brand new copy. Just dip into any page and start laughing. Also a great way of remembering events from the previous year. A must have book!
on 14 January 2014
Matt is the super star of newspaper cartoonists.

Although the newspapers are disposed of on a daily basis, I love to have a record of his humour throughout the year.

When we have overnight visitors Matt books are always placed in their rooms, which keeps us all in good spirits.
on 25 January 2014
What can I say? Matt is just brilliant. My 9 yr old granddaughter loves to while a way a cold afternoon looking through this, as well as the collection from previous years. And every year I send a copy to Canadian cousins, who both wait with bated breath for it to arrive.
Fantastic!!
on 17 January 2014
Matt is the standard against which cartoons can be measured. His own are often great but he is funny on an average day. Although the humour seems straightforward it is often penetrating. All this with magnificent, creative and enjoyable draughtsmanship.
on 19 December 2013
I have bought these books before so you can imagine how shocked I was when I opened the parcel and saw how much the book had shrunk. Fortunately the cartoons are still as witty as ever and I am sure my son whose present it is will enjoy it.
on 16 February 2014
Bought for my brother's Christmas present. I read it first and had a good laugh! Some of the cartoons lose their sharpness with the passage of time, but at least there are some sub-titles as reminders. A good buy!