Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 April 2013
A really good plot kept me going with this book, and I enjoyed it because of that. However it was tough going at times because everyone in the book, including the cops, seems to be about half an hour away from a complete breakdown. I'm a huge fan of this type of police procedural novel, and so am no stranger to a gritty cop, but this was just unrelenting. Every character had so many 'issues' that I became a little unsympathetic after a while. Added to that was the fact that they weren't actually very likable as a whole, they way the Detectives speak to both suspects and witnesses in the book had me wincing at times - I can see why people were reluctant to talk to them! To me it took the whole grumpy-worn-out-cop-against-the-world shtick a little far.
on 18 February 2014
Only discovered Tami Hoag when buying the 9th girl in my local supermarket. What a revelation - amazed I hadn't discovered her before, one of the best crime writers around with believable characters and great stories with lots of twists
on 14 October 2013
This book would appeal to anyone who likes crime thrillers. Her story telling is brilliant and she always keeps you guessing. Fast paced action packed pages a must read!
on 28 May 2013
Some guy is found hanged. Was it murder or some sort of auto-erotic homosexual loveplay? Even after half of the book it still hadn't got anywhere. The dialogue is so cliched and the characters are just so dull. I didn't finish the book. I tried flicking to the end but I couldn't find the relevant bit where it said whodunnit but I didn't care.
on 8 November 2012
A good story and gripping plot. Tami manages to keep the reader interested till the last few pages when the baddies are revealed!
on 5 August 2013
Love this series! Have read all the books & they are all of a high standard. Can't wait for the next book to come out
on 10 November 2012
I coudn't put this book down. Just when you thought you had figured who had done it you find it wasn't them.
on 25 March 2016
Not an amazing book but worth a read. Entertaining but not up to the standard of other books in the series.
on 13 April 2015