Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 May 2017
New author for me but this book is an excellent sequel to her 'Night Sins'. Have already ordered another Tami Hoag series.
on 15 July 2017
Good book
on 1 June 2017
Excellent
After reading Night Sins I thought it would be hard to better it for psychological tension but I was wrong! This book subtly and entirely effectively weaves a thread of fear and mistrust through your mind. The characters are wonderfully 3-dimensional, each one a bundle of neuroses that make them fascinating to observe. It would have been very easy for this to be a rehash of the first book but Ms Hoag lifts it to a whole new, fascinating level. Suffice to say I loved this book and so will anyone who has read Night Sins. An absolute must for all whodunnit fans but read them in order to get the full spinechilling effect.
on 23 August 1999
To fully enjoy this novel you must read "Night sins", to illustrate the background to this book. "Guilty as sin" is a story full of many twists and turns, that you will not guess until the very last page! If you enjoy John Grisham'S novels, these two books are a must. However, it must be noted that there is a more romantic element to Tami Hoag's novels.
on 16 December 1998
Whether Tami Hoag has written successfiully in this field I do not know but this book has the air of a second (or third) book written under publisher's duress to ensure the quota is fulfilled.
While the basic theme is sound and the book starts off well, there are limits to how long one is expected to be "gripped" by the twists and turns. Unfortunately, the story drags on while the thickness of the pages between your right thumb and forefinger gradually decreases. Then all of a sudden, the culprit has been caught and everyone lives happily ever after. It's almost as if the author was writing the book off the cuff and hadn't really thought of the ending. The characters themselves seem cliched, possible written to make life easy for a casting agent.
Still, maybe I am being too hard. If you want a holiday book to absorb your time, you could do a lot worse. It nearly achieves the "can't put it down" status but not quite. However, as a casual thriller reader - probably worth the money.
In conclusion, not a bad buy for your spare time but let down by a weak story.
on 15 February 2009
Bought as follow up to "Night Sins" and have not been disappointed up to now. It's a real thriller and keeps you turning the pages. I'm around 2 thirds of the way through the book and loving every minute of it. It's taking me longer than it normally would to read a book, as we have a new arrival and I keep falling asleep whilst reading. But this is certainly not the book sending me to sleep - just sleep deprivation. Hoag has surely grabbed my attention and I have a few more of her books stacked on my shelf for future reading. Try one you wont be disappointed.
on 6 September 2013
I am new to Tami Hoag, I have now read 4 of her books none have disappointed. Guilty as Sin is far the best I have read to date hooked from the beginning keeps the mind turning who is the culprit you think you have it all worked out but you are always blindsided it is never who you think. I could not put this book down. I would recommend this author and most definitely this book. Enjoy a good crime thriller this is for you.
on 19 May 2013
This is excellent writing and an exciting example of its craft.
However it is rather thin on plot and there are really no twists and turns or surprises.
She makes a lot out of what she has, but there should be a lot more.
The result is long and drawn out and a lot of repetition.
Bit disappointing for such a good writer.
on 25 November 2013
It was an extremely good book - keeping you enthralled until the very end. I always enjoy Tami Hoag's books. The only negative I always find - and it is a matter of personal taste - there is too much explicit description of the sexual theme. I am not a prude - BUT her books really do not need these pages to sell her books.