Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 13 January 2011
The crime: unspeakable; The secrets: Unfathomable: The Tension: Too much!
Beware all readers with heart conditions. This book will fascinate, terrify but grip you until you have reached the last page. When you think all hope is lost of finding the mystery villain of the piece, the tables are suddenly turned. Great twist. Plot outlines above if you like synopsis. I prefer to be surprised and I certainly was by the strength of writing in this novel. I think this is one of the best of Tami Hoag's books and it won't be the last one I wil buy. I heartedly ommend the author for giving us such a good novel. Warning: Begin this when you hve time on your hands because you won't be able to put it down!!!!Secrets to the Grave
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 5 July 2011
What I look for in a book is something to make me think and ask questions. This book was perfect for that. I've actually never read anything by Tami Hoag before but after readiing this the first thing I did was search for her other books because I thought she was that good.

Essentially this book focuses on the gruesome murder of a vivacious, attractive artist - the only witness is her barely alive daughter claiming, "Daddy hurt my mummy!". And so the search for "Daddy" begins. The main character is Anne, a child advocate and a victim to a potential murder. So as you can imagine, Anne attempts to help Haley (the young witness) recover whilst her husband discovers as much as he can about Marrissa Fordham (Haley's murdered mother).

There are an uncountable number of twists and turns - a really good read. Hoag left clues within the chapters for those people who like to figure it out along the way. I have to admit I am a culprit of this and the reason I have awarded this 4 instead of 5 stars is that I figured it out. Still fantastic and the twists are really interesting. I loved the way she described everything so beautifully, she wasn't at all delicate which was great - the description of the murder victim when she was found was enough to make my jaw actually drop.

I recommend this, I can't compare it to previous novels since I haven't read any, but a brilliant stand-alone; I can't wait to check out her other work.
on 19 June 2011
We have come back to the city of Oak Knoll, where single mom Marissa Fordham has been brutally murder and the only witness was her daughter Haley. The only one who can help Haley is Anne Leone, who still struggling with getting away from the "See-No-Evil" killer. But with her new husband Vince and police deputy Tony Mendez they begin to dig deeper in Marisa's life and they begin to realize that Marissa knows secret of that may have lead to her death.
"Secret to the Grave" is the lastest offering by Tami Hoag and really enjoyed it. Ms.Hoag gives the reader a great story that leaving the reader guessing to the very last page to who the killer is. While this book may not be for the faint of heart, any reader who loves a good mystery will enjoy "Secrets to the Grave"
on 26 June 2013
I am a great fan of Tami Hoag and I can honestly say this was one of her best books. I would certainly recommend this book to anyone who likes a good thriller, it certainly kept me on my toes, I just couldn't put it down!
on 12 February 2011
This book is the second part of the story from Tami Hoag. If you have read the first one before you start this one you feel like you know all the characters already which is nice. I loved it. If you like Karin Slaughter then this is your sort of book !!!
on 3 February 2011
Another super book from Tami Hoag. Has flashbacks to previous book-deeper than the Dead- but can also be read as stand alone. Keeps the suspense going. highly recommend.
on 10 March 2013
Well-written, page-turner of a book. It's the second of the Oak Knoll novels, and the third I read, marking all the Oak Knoll stories(so far).
The story features a particularly vicious murder of a young woman, a d the attempted murder of her 4-year-old daughter. The hunt for the murderer opens doors to several dark places.
Gratifyingly, I didn't spot the murderer until the end, whereas I normally spot whodunit several chapters from the end.
I Would recommend the Oak Knoll trilogy to those who like Tess Gerritsen.
on 9 September 2013
Poor Anne. She just about takes a bashing from everyone. Meanwhile her loved up hubby is chasing the wrong bad guys around in circles. We are constantly reminded that DNA profiling is not yet on the cards but I could see no other reason why this novel was set in the eighties other than less research needed to be done on forensic method.
In all an entertaining read and cheap at the price.
on 23 January 2014
A lot of blood and turmoil in this story but I really enjoyed it because the plot was reasonable and when a child is involved it always holds my interest. I suppose the goodies are good and the baddies are bad but a good thriller overall.
on 12 July 2014
Having not read the previous book before this and having read the reviews, I thought this would be a stand alone. However, too many referrals to the 'see no evil' case made me feel I had missed out on a huge chunk of history. The first half of the book almost made me put it down altogether but I'm too nosy to do that and had to see how it panned out. Was a bit of a missed opportunity to run with and develop what could have been a great book, the referral to the previous book took away some of the tension and replaced it with annoyance. The harking on about the decade wasn't necessary either, made it feel like it was cutting corners, if the book had been set in current times, so much more detail would have been presented, but Hoag going back to the fact that it was in 1986 seemed like a cop out (pardon the pun). And allowed her to avoid developing the story that little bit more.
Once the attention finally focussed on the story in hand, it was ok, have been left a bit disappointed though, as I have enjoyed other books by this author and had been looking forward to delving in.