on 19 November 2012
This is about my 14 or 15th harlan coben book i have read. Some of them i have loved but as you read through the myron bolitar series, the story gets obscured by unnecessary and boring descriptions of surroundings and how to hit, or not hit someone. Memories of childhood are repeated from other books and that seems so lazy to me and used as a page filler. I love the relationship and the storyline of myron and win but instead of upping the ante with the duo, it seems to me that coben cant be bothered and fills the pages with stuff previously written and fills and pads his books out now with stuff thats neither interesting or necessary. Disppointing and i wont be reading anymore for a long time.
6 people found this helpful
on 3 March 2014
This is probably the last in the Myron Bolitar series - unless Mr Coben finds himself in need of some extra cash in a few years' time! It is a good read, with all the usual main characters doing what they usually do, and the new ones are interesting and typically larger-than-life.
Some reviewers have been critical of the repetition in Coben's books; it's true that certain salient facts are repeated in almost every one, but it is only repetitive if you read them all - which I and many others have chosen to do because we enjoy them. If you just picked one up not knowing anything about the main characters, the oft repeated background info would be useful. Each book is a stand-alone thriller, but if you read a Myron Bolitar story and enjoy it, try to go back to the beginning and work your way through - there is a list on Amazon which puts them in order - but perhaps don't start with this one as it's the last!
Coben is now writing about Myron's nephew, Mickey, to whom we are introduced in "Live Wire", but judging by most of the reviews, these are aimed at teenagers rather than adults.
on 26 July 2012
I have read all of Harlan Coben's novels and always enjoy them. The books in the Myron Boliter series are witty and action packed, Myron is a loveable, jokey, self depreciating hero and Win is just a psycho!

Live Wire is the latest book in the Myron series, number 10 I think? The story isn't as physically action packed as his previous stories but there are lots of twists and plenty to keep you guessing. There is some insight into the Bolitar family history and Myron's nephew Mickey, who is the hero in a new series of stories, is introduced. I love the chemistry between Myron and Win, the dialogue about Mee and Yu is so funny :-)There seems to be quite a jump from Long Lost (Myron 9.) to this one but maybe that's because it's a while since I read it?

I hope the new Mickey Bolitar series isn't intended to replace the Myron one, it is advertised as a young adult's series and I am no longer young! Please Mr Coben, if you have to bring the Myron & Win stories to an end, don't let them fizzle out behind Mickey's new story lines, give them a well-deserved finale!
on 8 November 2017
Another great book by Harlen Coben difficult to put down. As always looking forward to the next one. Fantastic fiction will point me in the right direction
on 30 April 2013
I'm a big fan of the Myron Bolitar series, of which this is the latest. Made the mistake of reading the two Mickey Bolitar books first, which actually follow this chronologically, so the plot held few surprises for me. However, great to have the ensemble cast together again. Love the twists and turns, relationships between the characters, humour and thrills. Hope this won't be the last of Myron and co's adventures.
on 10 June 2011
I usually enjoy Harlan Coben's books but this one is simply disappointing.

The plot is weak and the book seems to be just "going through the motions". All the elements are there but it just doesn't add up to a decent story.

I bought this as my first book for my Kindle and to be honest that is the only reason I kept going to the end. Had it been a paperback it would have found its way to the second hand book shop long before I'd finished reading it.
One person found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 25 April 2013
Felt like a filler book in order to bring about the end of the Myron/Win era and move onto a younger central character. It was fine, but no real surprises and, for me, not anywhere near a proper send-off for two of my favourite characters. He has left the door open, so perhaps I'm reading too much into it, but in any event, this is definitely not a classic.
One person found this helpful
on 26 April 2018
All of his books are really good, I am gradually getting though them all.
on 1 August 2012
A typical Harlan Coben book that will have you flicking through the pages at a furious rate. The central story is good enough and included many familiar characters (Cyndi, Esparanta and the too-good-to-be-true Win). Other Coben stalwarts are there as well including the mobster Ache brothers and Myron Bolitar's parents. We are also introduced to Myron's nephew, Mickey, who is no doubt going to feature in a lot of future books. Some interesting observations about life are made amongst all the high drama and fairly improbable last minute escapes. Perfect holiday reading.
on 26 September 2013
Another great book involving Myron, Esperanza, Win and Big Cindi!
Life is never dull for Myron, particularly when his brothers wife arrives on the scene along with her tennis rival from years ago.
This book has all the great humour from the workers of MB Sports as they set about doing what they do best and helping those in need.
An absolute must whether you are or aren't a Coben fan!