Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 July 2017
Such a lot going on! I've read better by HC but it's well worth a read.
on 26 March 2017
Super read. Gripped until the end. Well worth a read
on 3 March 2017
As always Harlan Coben books are amazing. So well written, suspense and humour.
on 23 January 2014
An enthralling book, well written. I cant get enough of Harlan Coban I look forward to more of them

Yorkie
on 3 April 2017
Harlan Coben - always a good read
on 17 April 2016
Really enjoyed this book. Couldn't put it down. Think it would make a great film
on 3 July 2014
Totally enjoyed this book and was drawn in from the minute I picked it up
on 13 June 2005
I had never heard of Harlen Coben until this book was recommended to my by the Amazon "I will sell you stuff" recommendation system. What I found was a well written, entertaining, riviting and thoroughly gripping book. Now that's high praise from me as I'm not a big fan of crime fiction, but I really enjoyed the structure of the book. It may be that I'm new to Coben's style of writing but I liked the way that multiple interlocking story lines were played out in real time in the book and I liked the characterisation that he gave to the characters. I had worked out quite a few of the plot lines before they were laid out bare for us, but that doesn't destract from the quality of the story telling (surely the author should scatter clues throughout the novel and if you pick enough of them up then you should be able to work out where the plat is going). There we several twists in the story and a breathless finish....
Now that I have discovered Coben, unfortuanately for my bank balance, I am going to have to get some more!
I really enjoyed this 9/10
on 24 May 2006
Matt Hunter went to prison nine years ago after a brawl at a frat party that went bad. Now an ex-con, he lives in New Jersey with his newly pregnant wife. After she leaves on a short business trip, he gets a call on his cell phone from his wife. It's a picture of a man waving at him. Then a minute later, he receives another call. This time, it's video footage of a woman who looks like his wife in a blonde wig sitting on a hotel bed. Is his wife cheating on him? She won't return his calls, and then he notices someone is following him. Thus begins an outstanding thriller. It's fast pace never lets up, and the reader is always caught off guard. Revelation after revelation and you're still stunned. But, as with all Harlan Coben thrillers, it all fits nicely into place in the end. This is truly one of the best thrillers I've read. It's right up there with my favorite thriller of all: Coben's "Tell No One." Highly recommended!
on 25 June 2017
I bought a set of Harlan Coben's books at a bargain price some time ago but never got around to reading them as I much prefer British authors. However I decided to take the plunge and was pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed this book. If I had any criticism it would be that in real life, not everyone is super stunning which seems to be something that male American authors believe. My other complaint is that the font of the book was very small and difficult to read in bed at night - but this did not affect the 5 stars I gave the book.