TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 July 2015
I am really enjoying this series of books, and this is a real step up from the previous ones, which were already excellent. This one is utterly gripping. As I said, it just keeps on twisting, and every time you think you're nearing the end, it turns out you aren't at all. I love this kind of book. If they keep improving at this rate, I am going to be inconsolable when I reach the end of the last one. Just fantastic thrilling believable storytelling.
on 28 June 2017
Thoroughly good read. Many a twist and turn which kept me interested throughout the book.Have not read Michael Connelly previous to this but can understand why his books are so popular.Would have no problem recommending this book to anyone.
on 19 September 2017
The best book so far, and a very good read. I like the character (in my head it's Titus Welliver from the TV version), there's good detail and depth (but not tooo much), pace and character interaction is good and there re good twists too - and so far, a decent payoff for the reader. They are entirely based in LA, and you get a really good feel for the city. It's well written and not flimsy or sensational, and I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series (which may be a while as I've just started reading It...!)
on 30 January 2015
I am now totally hooked on Harry Bosch novels & struggled to put this down, just like the previous two. I've already downloaded book 4!
on 13 March 2017
easy reading he understands people working under stress with developing situations
on 18 October 2017
It's been a while since I've a Bosch novel, and innate to ask myself why, as I enjoyed the story on this one so much. Very good plot, well written and built in with a few twists and turns. Recommended.
on 20 August 2016
Loved the whole story, the twists n turns as to who the actual killer really was. This book is full of old-time murder, mystery, suspense, action and eventual justice that satisfies the reader; wonderful and I cannot wait to read the next installment by the author, congratulations to you Michael...
on 26 June 2017
I've always liked Harry Bosch anyway and this book is no exception. In my opinion everyone who likes/reads Michael Connelly books must read this one.
on 26 July 2015
Fast-pace and cleverly written, excellent plot that builds on the persona of Harry Bosch. Pity that the Kindle transcription is so shoddy, peppered with missing line enings and other typographical gaffs. Author and readers deserve more.
on 3 September 2017
Usual high quality procedural crime novel from Connelly featuring the flawed but likeable and very smart Harry Bosch. Plot is complex and believable. A page-turner