Customer reviews

on 16 April 2014
Have just discovered Cameron and am reading through his back list. So far am very impressed - well drawn characters and exciting, accurate battle scenes.
on 14 March 2013
Well written, it moves along well and is exciting and believable like the other books in the series. The characters come to life.
on 14 April 2014
Really true depiction of people, characters you can relate to. People seem real. Alexander not so great as we thought.
on 19 November 2015
Excellent author. I am now addicted to Christian Cameron and a working my way through all of his books.
on 14 April 2013
I buy quite a few books by this author for my husband he loves these books and can highly recommend
on 30 March 2015
Brilliant, vivid characters and a reality to battle that makes you feel like you are there.
on 4 January 2016
Arrived on the date as specified. Pages slightly yellow but otherwise no problem.
on 1 October 2010
When I started reading this series I thought it was going to be about the founding of the Bosporan kingdom. I now suspect that on the way it is going to take us through every battle of the wars of Alexander's successors! It has many new insights and would make an excellent guide to forming and training an army of the period. I place this author in the front rank of historical novelists alongside Alfred Duggan, L. Sprague de Camp and George MacDonald Fraser.
on 6 August 2014
my dad is reading this book and i know he is enjoyed it
on 9 October 2015
A good story line but abit long winded.