Customer reviews

Undisputed: How to Become World Champion in 1,372 Easy Steps
Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 19 March 2011
Having read Chris Jericho's first book I was interested to see how the 2nd would pan out, Mick Foley's follow up's have never been as good as his first.... logically you have far less material to draw from having told your life story in the first book!

I have been pleasantly surprised to find it as interesting and easy to read as Jericho's first and better than most if not all other wrestling biographies.

Unlike a lot of his peers books which seem to concentrate on putting themselves over or destroying other people within the industry Jericho manages to keep an even keel on all his stories and experiences with an impressive ability to step back from his own life and put perspective into the story.

Also due to Jericho's other interests it is not a repetitive tale of wrestling angles and scandals it goes through his many varied experiences with his family, playing in a signed rock band and attempting to expand his career into acting.

All in all you feel as though this is just a normal guy who worked damn hard to get where he is, very relatable and enjoyable to read even if you are not a wrestling or Chris Jericho fan (although it helps!)
on 4 December 2012
This book is a great read. Very entertaining and left me smiling widely when it was obvious that the enjoyment I got from the writer's last book wasn't just a one off. Jericho/Irvine regales us with his tales with real flair, it's obvious that he enjoyed writing them. I'm pretty sure that a couple could be taken with a pinch of salt but that in no way takes away from their entertainment value. I read this really quickly because I found it so damn difficult to put it down.

This is a read that I would recommend to any Chris Jericho fan, wrestling fan or even heavy metal fan. There's something in there for us all.
on 11 August 2016
I purchased this as a gift for a friend. Though I did not read the book personally, they were very happy with it - and eventually told me how much they enjoyed reading it (hence the delayed review!)
It was packaged well and undamaged upon delivery. A good price for a gift for a friend.
on 2 November 2017
A great, well written book. Ideal for anyone interested in Chris's professional life in the WWE and Fozzy from 2000 to 2005. It has great anecdotes and a great sense of perspective for him as well as the embarrassing chances encounters he has with Pavarotti, Zakk Wylde, Rommie James Dio and more. I loved it! The only negative was that I read it too quickly. So I'll be picking up the follow-up soon.
on 18 December 2011
his first book was outstanding but as i was never a fan of ecw or wcw i have to admit i couldnt wait for this book to come out because it was all about wwe.
he speaks candidly about vince macmahon triple h and chyna among others.
he says how good it felt to become undisputed champion and why he should never have main evented wrestlemania 18.
he also leaves the book on another cliffhanger so expect the thirs installment in 2012.
on 26 January 2012
He's Y2J. What more needs saying. Anyone who is enjoying being 'Jeri-trolled' on Raw currently should buy both books. Those people who don't get what is going should also buy the books as you will very quickly understand what a master this man is!

Once again, a nice mix of wrestling stories and personal tales and Chris comes across as immensely likeable (although probably slightly annoying in person). His take on the Benoit tragedy nets a chapter to itself and is a viewpoint I'd not heard before.

Can't wait for instalment number 3 which must surely be on its way.
on 22 August 2017
Jericho is a good writer but this a perfectly egotistical memoir.
on 16 November 2012
Having read 'A Lions Tale' I couldn't wait to read this, it didn't let me down, as with most wrestling (and rock singers) biographies, he has traveled a lot and manages to blend his stories with humor, whilst remaining respectful an passionate about his chosen professions, whillst not taking himself to seriously (so, not arrogant like his wrestling 'heel' persona).
on 16 November 2016
I like Jericho but I think as his books have gone on he's started to get a bit too obsessed with how funny he is when hes drunk.
on 20 July 2017
another good book from Jericho!