Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 March 2015
I know many people recommended that I should have read The Assassin’s Blade before Throne of Glass, but I’m one of those people that doesn’t agree with that. I think The Assassin’s Blade was a great companion to the series even though I know that the novellas in The Assassin’s Blade come before we meet Celaena in Throne of Glass. I preferred knowing Celaena’s story before filling in some gaps with this read. I’m glad I read it though, I loved being back with Celaena and seeing what she had got up to before we met her!

The Assassin’s Blade is made up of five novellas prior to the events of Throne of Glass. I think fans of this series will absolutely love this addition and for new fans it will really enhance the series. You need not worry that you will be spoiled with this book too, they don’t give away any spoilers.

I personally much prefer the main series to the novellas, but novellas have never really been my sort of thing, so I’d definitely give this book a go, especially if you’re longing for the next instalment!
on 28 May 2017
They are good informative stories about celina's life before Endovier. My heart broke for Sam, we met Ansel, we discovered how she ticked of the pirate Lord and Abboryn. Learnt who betrayed her. The stories filled in all the little details and some blanks from the main story. The only one I didn't understand was the one about the healer. It seemed pointless. I can only assume the healer comes back to pay her debts to Celina in the books that haven't been written yet. I can't believe I have to wait until 2018 to find out what happens in the main story. But for now these 5 books filled a Celina shipped hole. I enjoyed reading them.
on 18 March 2017
Having just finished David A. Wells' books I needed another author to try - so here I am!

David's books are non stop action from start to finish so differ from Sarah's style. But despite that, she does a good job of building the scene and the climax of each adventure is well written and engaging, so much so that I have already invested in all the other Titles!

I know some people say not to read this book first, but personally I have to read books in chronological order - I cant abide going back to see earlier 'takes' when I already know what the future holds. But each to their own.
on 8 May 2017
This book was absolutely incredible I highly recommend it 💖💖 I was madly in love with Sam Cortland. I can't wait to read the rest of the series . 👌🏻👌🏻
on 19 March 2017
Loved this book great story line great characters
on 20 January 2016
A tale of love, loss and survival. I couldn't read this book fast enough. I just wish it wasa never ending series. Awesome.
on 21 April 2017
Great value
on 13 April 2017
well pleased thank you
on 3 June 2017
best series ive come across in a long time. brilliantly written, never dull. charachters you can love and love to hate
on 14 June 2017