Customer reviews

on 29 July 2013
got this as a topical tie in for planned 'welcoming a baby' topic. Enjoyed the story line - very humorous - loved Harry and Pippa as the party planners! The illustrations are fantastic and last page with Uncle Harry sprawled asleep on the window seat is my favourite closely followed by a re-enactment of that famous royal parachute scene!
on 21 July 2013
I received this as part of a giveaway from Tesco, I didn't know what books I would receive, but I am so glad this was included in the pack.

I took it straight into the classroom to read to the children, this was so exciting as the children know we are still waiting for the baby to arrive!

This story is all about trying to get the baby to sleep and people around making too much noise. This is a nice story that includes many of the Royal Family. The children loved the illustrations and laughed out loud at parts of the book.

The children loved to join in with the story when they had recognised the pattern in text. They also loved it when the baby started crying and again and joined in.

I feel this is very topical at the moment and was an enjoyable, humorous read. I would recommend this book.
on 12 July 2013
Pre-Ordered this book in anticipation of the New Royal Baby.
Booked arrived this morning and it is very cute. My little girl loves all the Corgis.
I was very happy to find that it isnt about a generic Royal Family it is Our Royal family and Pippa even makes an appearance.
very happy with this purchase.
on 18 September 2013
Helen for [...]
Provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review

As the description said the royal baby just won't sleep and the royal parent s and grandparents try a whole host of ways to try and get him to settle down. The Duke takes him for a helicopter ride, the Queen takes him parachuting, he is read stories and so forth. But every time they succeed in getting the royal baby to sleep something in the royal household wakes him up again, my personal favourite was Prince Harry and Pippa preparing a party to celebrate his arrival with the cry of `More blini's'. Indeed this is a funny book, seeing the royals trying to get this baby to sleep in weird ways is amusing, some of the humour made me smile more than my daughters who didn't always get the joke.. They did enjoy the story and find some of it funny though.

The illustrations are a great back up to the story, the depictions of the royal family are recognisable and add to the enjoyment. The Queen in a onesie with crowns all over it and pink fluffy slippers was great (but one of things that will have made me smile more than my daughters). The girls liked the pictures of the soldiers, the corgi's and the funny things they did with the baby.

Verdict:This is a light-hearted story that can please adults as well as children. Any parent knows the frustrations of trying to and quiet down a crying baby! It is a nice piece of memorabilia for children to enjoy now qand look back on later.
on 2 August 2013
Great book, think I like it more than my 2 year old! Story and pictures are witty, will be read at bedtime for many years to come :-)
on 31 July 2013
Highly recommend this book, lovely story, really nice illustrations and a perfect way to teach children about the royal family. Simple easy to read. Perfect!:)
on 3 October 2013
A great read for younger children and. Also a read alone for 7-8's nice illustrations and uncanny likeness to our royals. Which is a nice touch.
on 16 August 2013
Both grandaughters love the story of the royal baby and is a wonderful keepsake of the event they can keep.
on 13 January 2014
Lots of lovely illustration. Especially the corgis. All the main royal family appears as a cast.
Predicted story line. "Everyone in the family made lots of effort and the fuss to stop a baby crying. But, all the baby really wanted was a cuddle from the mother." Some may find the story line a concern for young readers.
on 6 January 2016
Absolutely fabulous!! Every parent should have one. It is oh so true. You will laugh and laugh all the way thru. Illustrations are beautiful and the writing is excellent. I'm so happy with this book I'm going to order more.
I highly recommend this book and will order more from this author .
Thank you so much!! Cheers!