Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 October 2013
I really enjoy these books and have read quite a few now. I love the links to mythology and the main character who is so likeable and full of stories from modern and ancient times. Probably the best descriptions in these books are of food which just make your mouth water. This book is a bit gruesome in places and some of the images of the victim have stayed with me. I will continue to read more of the Greek Detective and would encourage others to do so too.
on 29 July 2014
This is the first Anna Zouroudi book I have read and i enjoyed the easy and relaxed style. I found the build up to the reveal a little bit slow but maybe I expected more action. I could grow to love Hermes Diaktoros who appears like an angel of justice and unveils to truth to us. I'm eager to read another!
on 23 January 2014
Hermes Diaktoris once again weaves his magic upon the inhabitants of another small Outpost of Greece. With a large cast of characters, there is a danger of confusion, but the author skillfully weaves her way through the plot to ensure no one is forgotten. We are still unsure for what Authority Hermes wo
on 23 January 2014
Both books were a great read and both gave a great insight into the culture of each of the countries. This together with unusual story lines have lifted them above the usual mystery/crime novels.
on 25 November 2012
Very pleased with book, exactly as described, well packed, arrived quickly, very good value, thank you very much . .
on 13 August 2016
I love this series of books. The descriptions if the countryside are so evocative I can almost smell the mountain oregano. Hermes with his sly humour is a wonderful dectective
on 10 June 2013
i was completely drawn in to the story, she is so descriptive about the island and its people, places, sounds, animals and aroma i didn't want to leave........
on 10 July 2014
I love the Greek detective series. I have had a number of Greek holidays and these books transport me back there. It is like an authentic piece of Greek life.
on 6 February 2013
All the intrigue of modern detective stories together with the history and magic of the Greek islands and their culture.
on 20 June 2013
as always anne zouroudi has written a great page turner. one gets the feeling of being with her whilst she 'tours' the vicinity the book is set in.