Customer reviews

The Food of Morocco
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 17 December 2012
At this moment in time, this book is the last book you will need on the subject of Moroccan cooking. The author has taken me on a journey from my flat in London to the souks, medinas, villages towns and cities in Morocco. The book is well illustrated, detailed without being complicated and a joy to read. I have a few on Moroccan cuisine, but this beats all of them hands down and if you are to buy one cook book on the subject..this is the one.
24 people found this helpful
on 24 July 2014
Having been to Morocco, I wanted a recipe book that would help me to recreate authentic dishes. After checking out a few other books I bought this one and am so glad that I did. I have tried quite a few of the recipes and everything has been delicious. Another reviewer felt that they had to but in too much time and effort when cooking the dishes but personally I have never found that to be the case with anything apart from the pastillas. The preparation is definitely worth it with the latter anyway, they are divine!

I totally recommend this book to anyone who likes Moroccan food, or adventurous cooks who want to find out more about the country and its cuisine. The only problem I have with the book is there are so many delicious looking recipes that I find difficult to decide which to try next!
5 people found this helpful
on 16 October 2016
I own hundreds of cookbooks, but I have to say this is one of the most exciting that I've seen. It's a sumptious book to look at, large and full of photos.
The recipes are full of information, giving alternative ingredients, details of procedures, ways of cooking etc.
Original recipes that I've not ever seen elsewhere. The author is an expert on Moroccan cooking and it shows on every page.
2 people found this helpful
on 13 February 2017
Bought before seeing a book that would suit me better. Saying that this book is amazing, but large and bulky
on 10 April 2013
It is very thorough and the recipes can be adjusted and varied. Plenty of space in the margins to write observations and notes as each recipe is trialled. Great bits of history and insight into culinary and cultural aspects of Moroccan life style. Ignore the wingeing of it being a heavy book - what would you expect from a complete guide almost?
on 21 February 2018
Excellent book
on 26 May 2014
This is a wonderful book not only for the recipes I pick this up a lot . its a huge tomb and takes some getting through but with great delight. If you want Moroccan dishes this is a great book lots of great pictures as well
on 14 April 2013
A beautifully presented book with some amazing recipes that are achievable at home. Some ingredients are difficult to source but generally available online.
on 7 July 2015
A very beautiful book full of fascinating information and great recipes.
on 13 June 2015