on 26 June 2017
I'm not going to review the novel itself here, suffice to say I love it. This review is specifically for the edition I purchased: the U.S. Deluxe Edition hardcover published by Arthur A. Levine Books (ISBN-13: 978-0545029377).

{One SPOILER ahead, on the off-chance you haven't read the book but are planning to}

As a general rule, I much prefer the original British covers of the Harry Potter books, but Deathly Hallows has always been the only book of the seven where I prefer the original U.S. cover illustration, so I finally decided to order this as an extra for my collection. I was expecting to be pleased, but I wasn't expecting to be quite as delighted as I am with this edition; it's absolutely blinking gorgeous. The front and back illustrations (on the outer cardboard sleeve) are lovely, but just as good if not better is the illustration on the dust jacket, which if opened out fully, is a panorama of Harry, Ron and Hermione riding the dragon over the lakes and mountains after their escape from Gringotts. It's also nicely planned out so that Harry appears on the visible bit on the spine when the book is in its sleeve.

This edition also has a section at the end with full-page versions (black and white) of the small illustrations which head up each chapter in this version, and the majority of them are pretty much bang-on in my opinion. Mary GrandPre has outdone herself with this book.

This is just an absolutely lovely version of Deathly Hallows, really well-presented, with beautiful, imaginative illustrations. I couldn't be happier that I finally went ahead and ordered it.
on 4 March 2017
Bought for 9 year old grand daughter who loves Harry Potter. She hasn't completed this book yet, but I am sure she will enjoy.
on 18 August 2017
what can i say... Harry potter books are the best books there are! Especially this one! Would recommend to everyone i know of all ages. A jaw gripping g book to get your kids into reading and to have fun whilst they are doing that. A perfect book to gain literature knowledge self-consciously! Great price great book!
on 24 March 2017
As an English native, it's great to help me remember my Russian. I think this Rowling lady has quite a future too. Very interesting book about a boy who becomes a wizard.
on 27 July 2007
I pre-ordered this book from Amazon, and did not expect it to arrive it on the day of release (Saturday 21st July). I was expecting to recieve it on the monday or tuesday, but I was surprised when I came home from work at one in the afternoon that saturday when it was released, to find that my copy had arrived.

I'm not a Harry Potter fan or anything, though I do love the books. The Harry Potter series is the best books I've ever read; not just the stoies in general, but the way they're written. They don't drag as you read, yet they're not rushed either. A really fun read they are. They're the sort of books I can spend hours and hours reading.

From the moment my copy arrived, I was sitting down reading the book and it was just over midnight when I put the book down for the day (I was just slightly more than half way through). I would've actually spent the whole evening reading if I had to, and I'm sure I probably wouldn't have put it down until I finished, and I ain't bullsh***ing about that either. The only thing that made me put it down that evening was the fact I had work the following morning.

During work that Sunday, I wanted nothing more than to finish my shift and get back home to the book. As soon as I finally did I was back to reading the book and I finished it (about seven in the afternoon) that same day.

The book I found simply amazing, from start to finish. There are twists throughout the story and certain gaps are filled, such as the identity of R.A.B, who stole Voldemort's horcrux and replaced it with a fake, which at the end of "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince", Harry and Dumbledore took.

The book in general isn't just the best, but the most different out of the lot, the reason being that the first six are set in Hogwarts, where this one isn't (not until the very end anyway). This book I had been looking foward to reading ever since I read book 6 (HPAT Half-Blood Prince). Off course I knew that the release of this book was an extra two years ahead.

Book 6 ended with Dumbledore's murder (Snape was the culprit) and Harry's decision to never return to Hogwarts for his seventh year, but instead to continue on Dumbledore's mission (which he is certain Dumbledore left him) of finding Voldemort's remaining Horcruxes.

As far as Harry and Dumbledore were aware of there were only six horcruxes in total; Tom Riddle's diary and Marvolo's ring had been destroyed. That leaves Helga Hufflepuff's cup, Salazar Slytherin's locket, Nagini (Voldemort's pet snake), and something that belonged to Rowena Ravenclaw.

This book like the previous 5 starts of in the summer holidays (book 1 as you remember actually begins in November, that's why I've said previous 5 books, not 6). The Dursley's get moved elsewhere, due to Voldemort and the Death Eaters and Harry is waiting for some wizards to escort him to the Burrow.

The day after Harry's 17th birthday, during Fleur and Bill's wedding, Voldemort siezes the Ministry of Magic, Death Eaters attack and Harry, Ron and Hermoine are forced to escape, where they begin their qeust to find and destroy Voldemort's horcruxes.

To make things tougher, wizards are after Harry, so he must keep a low profile and avoid been seen. Nevertheless, Hermoine and Ron stand by him and help him out in this mission to destroy those horcruxes. This book is without doubt the best of the lot, though there are sad moments and many deaths throughout the book.

I won't tell you wether or not Harry does die or succeeds in killing Voldemort, but I will tell you this; the ending is brilliant, and the final battle against the Death Eaters is similar to the one at the end of book 6. It will be a few short years when this book is made into a film, which I look foward to seeing, although I know it won't be anywhere as good as the book.

If you've never read any of the books before and wish to read this, then I suggest that you read the first 6 first. These are the following titles...
Harry Potter and the...
...Philosopher's Stone (6th best)
...Chamber of Secrets (5th best)
...Prisoner of Azkaban (7th best)
...Goblet of Fire (4th best)
...Order of the Phoenix (2nd best)
...Half-Blood Prince (3rd best)

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is an excellent book and like I've mentioned in the title for this review, the best one out of the lot. I plan to (not yet but soonish) to re-read all seven books again. Excellent books you'd be crazy to not even consider reading them. I urge you to get this book now.
on 15 May 2017
Who doesn't like Harry Potter. I purchased
1 - 7 an excellent addition to the family library.
on 1 July 2017
My 10 year old is working her way through these great books. Purchased on a 3 for £10 offer, which was really good value
on 14 August 2017
Excellent story. I have read all of the Harry Potter series and wanted this on my kindle so I can read at my leisure.
on 21 September 2017
The well-known Harry Potter books are a must in pree-teen and teenage rooms. My children are huge fans.
on 13 June 2017
Love these books. It's my 2nd time reading them all and I have watch the films many times.