on 28 September 2013
Fascinating!! A huge amount of interesting and intriguing information - very addictive, keeps you wanting to read and learn more. A very enjoyable read. Highly recommended!!
on 7 April 2013
contained information not found in my many bird books.Easy read and keeps you reading without losing interest.Recommend to anyone with interest in animal behaviour.
on 17 April 2012
I bought this book after BBC Wildlife magazine recommended it as their 'book of the month', and it certainly lived up to expectations! It was definitely un-put-downable, especially for its genre. Well written and entertaining, as well as informative. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and learning about the different bird senses. I would recommend both for birders and non-birders alike.
on 30 April 2013
One of the most illuminating books I've read. Written in an informative but entertaining way, it allowed the reader to see birds in a new light.
: brilliant.
on 17 August 2016
Makes you look at birds in a new light - hugely educational and tightly written, Birkhead's book compels us to reconsider our relation with nature and the planet.
on 19 July 2012
This is an excellent read. The author is a considerable expert on birds (FRS and so on) but presents a great deal of information in a most accessible way. The book is good not only on the senses (sight, touch, etc) of birds, but also on how the ornithologists know about these things. I don't quite know why I chose it, but found I couldn't put it down.
on 8 October 2015
It is detailed, well explained and fascinating. I love wildlife and have a scientific leaning, hence this is one of my all time favourite books.
on 23 December 2014
So far well up to expectation, to be able to experience the world as a bird, shows it to be a truly more amazing planet than we ever experience.
on 22 February 2013
This book is very good value for money and I would recommend it to anyone to read even if they are not particularly interested in bird watching.
on 17 January 2013
'Bird Sense' bird sense is easy to understand , well written and a fascinating insight into bird life and understanding bird behaviour.