Customer reviews

POLPO: A Venetian Cookbook (Of Sorts)
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 5 April 2017
I bought the book to give to friends who we were joining in Venice to celebrate their 30th wedding anniversary. So, having now visited the city I realise how much it genuinely represents certain aspects of Venetian cookery, especially Ciccetti, the snack food available everywhere in the city. I also have my own copy and have used the recipes which work and are easy to follow. And what's more, I've eaten in the restaurant in Soho several times: I unashamedly confess to being a Polpo fan...!
on 31 March 2017
Bit disappointing compared to the restaurant, but not sure what I was expecting given its all sourced fresh seafood and I live nowhere near a coast in London.
on 12 October 2017
Such a beautiful book - just so pretty! But the recipes are lovely too - have bought a couple to give as presents!
on 16 March 2017
Lovely cook book, bought it after my trip to Venice but wish I bought it before! Comes with some great recommendations for restaurants. The spine is brilliant too, allows you to have the book flat whilst cooking. Not just about fish as I assumed it would be!
on 30 April 2017
This is a beautiful book, full of simple but delicious recipes and ideas. There are no fancy terms or any garnish of nonsense here, just a well-written insight into the food of Venice along with some great advice on where to eat if you are visiting town. Love it
on 16 January 2016
I already had one, but my son-in-law loved it so much that I brought him one too
on 28 June 2017
A beautiful and interesting book. Mi piace molto
on 15 March 2017
It was for a greek relative and she was very pleased with thjs book vrey good detail and pictures
on 26 March 2017